JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Pabu, a modern Japanese restaurant, will be opening in the ground level spot of the JW Marriott on the NE corner of 8th Ave. South and Clark Place (201 8th Ave. South). 

In addition to a sushi bar and izakaya, the restaurant will offer a robata grill, fish flown in from Japan and a selection of sashimi, nigiri and tartare. The bar will include Japanese whiskeys, sakes and beers. Street access and an outdoor terrace for al fresco dining will be included.

Of note, the Pabu interior will be highlighted by a “Tokyo-inspired color palette and a playful homage to 1960s Japanese pop bands”

More at The Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21049769/fall-opening-set-for-sobro-japanese-restaurant

I just wish I could afford some of these restaurants...:(

Screenshot_20190305-214815_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was downtown this weekend NFL draft and Jimmy Buffet concert parked at Cummin Station parking lot. After the concert we were walking back to the car and my son wanted to go up to the top of this building. I assume it is a restaurant/bar, is this opened to the public or just guest? I’ll never pay to stay there but would like to go up and eat and check the view out. 

22 minutes ago, cda said:

I was downtown this weekend NFL draft and Jimmy Buffet concert parked at Cummin Station parking lot. After the concert we were walking back to the car and my son wanted to go up to the top of this building. I assume it is a restaurant/bar, is this opened to the public or just guest? I’ll never pay to stay there but would like to go up and eat and check the view out. 

The restaurant is open to the public. There’s a bar too with great views. Cocktails are around 20 dollars. Consider it a ticket to the observation deck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stayed here last week and it’s a nice hotel. Unfortunately, a pipe broke on a floor above me and they were in the process of drying everything out. I also noticed that the hotel is severely under-elevatored. Had to wait 15 minutes to get on an elevator after checking in around 4:30. Throughout my stay, spent a good amount of time waiting on those elevators...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...