JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

I went to a sounds game recently and overheard someone talking about hotels in Nashville. They actually said they thought this building was ugly and that the Westin looked good. I almost punched them.

Well it is kind of shaped like a deodorant stick.

The JW makes the Westin look extremely dated already. I really we don't like too much of anything of the Westin design and could have done better. Everything about it is just wrong the front entrance is on the back of the JW.  It's very Bland design only thing cool about it to me is a rooftop L27

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still trying to figure out the "34 floors, 385'" thing.  From renders, it appears the 34 floors would be before the crown...which looks to be equal to at least 2, if not 3, floors.  So...this will come out to about a 37 floor structure for all intents and purposes...so I'm still thinking this will be over 400'.  I'm calling it now.  Our next 400 footer. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

JWM crane height has been raised.  I'm thinking the final height will be somewhere around the top of the flag pole on the TN state office building behind JWM in this photo.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 12.18.50 PM.png

Good eye. I think the height of this one is going to surprise everyone here. 

• Like 2