JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

I  am glad that they are putting the sign back there now. Won't look as cluttered had it been in the front like originally proposed.  I  hope this building has nice lighting. Regardless, I    am so happy with the final product and can't wait to see inside.  

I do have a question though. Any idea why the window panels that were just put in place of where the construction elevator was are different?  I  was hoping that is is only the reflection and then I remembered how the curtain wall ended up looking on One World Trade Center in NYC. You can clearly see a difference in the glazing on the final panels that were put in after the construction elevator came down. Looks off to me. 

Edited by TNinVB

1 hour ago, TNinVB said:

I thought the same thing. They reallllly scaled down the top. 

I could be wrong, but that looks like it will be some of the smallest signage for a downtown tower.  It's probably appropriate for that smaller crown they built...but looks like it will be hard to make out.  Compare it to the size of the Westin signage.

1 minute ago, titanhog said:

I could be wrong, but that looks like it will be some of the smallest signage for a downtown tower.  It's probably appropriate for that smaller crown they built...but looks like it will be hard to make out.  Compare it to the size of the Westin signage.

Yep. That's why I included that pic with the Westin, for reference 

• Like 1

Really it's not that different than the lettering sizes of the rest of the downtown buildings.  Wait until the whole sign is up then judge.  It's just one letter.   Coming up 65 from the south, the J stood out.  Seemed small because it was all alone... but my perspective it wasn't any smaller than the Pinnacle or Regions letters.  I dunno

Edited by TheRaglander
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Really it's not that different than the lettering sizes of the rest of the downtown buildings.  Wait until the whole sign is up then judge.  It's just one letter.   Coming up 65 from the south, the J stood out.  Seemed small because it was all alone... but my perspective it wasn't any smaller than the Pinnacle or Regions letters.  I dunno

Speaking of the Pinnacle, didn't they recently put up new signage that had larger lettering? I haven't been downtown lately to see.

37 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

Either the letters aren't finished or this is a huge oversight. The "Marriott" appears to be a Helvetica-like san serif font while the "JW" is the appropriate serif font as seen in the logo below.

jw-sign.thumb.jpg.fd9e15684f5a0c3a8992a58ecf4b5658.jpgI know this is the pretentious designer in me coming out, but unless they're changing the chain's logo, I just don't see any logic behind this. Will the average joe notice? Of course not. But it makes no sense.

I agree that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it appears intentional, as that is the sign design now found on the JW Marriott website itself... must have been a very recent change:

http://www.marriott.com/jw-marriott/travel.mi

• Like 2