JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

That’s why I was wondering if the frame was just a temporary support structure. I noticed the glass banister as well. It’s like what is depicted in the renderings, and if the design stays true to the renderings, the are looks to be open air and the glass curtain wall should be set back to allign with the rest of the tower. 

• 4 weeks later...

I gotta say, I don't quite understand the hype around this building. I agree that the "lip" seems gaudy. And beyond that, the tower just reminds me of a taller, elongated version of the Hilton in East Memphis:

hilton-memphis-4.thumb.jpg.ce4df9e8c309c737aff9355b20c8e3f9.jpg

Don't get me wrong, it's an attractive building, but a slightly bland one.

Edited by VSRJ

I love the building but I think the renderings they showed pretty much the entire time while planning and building it were much more attractive than the final product. Again, I love the building, but these are my issues:

1. The top looks stunted because they didn’t do the elongated three-level glass “crown.”

2. The weird font change in the signage. 

3. The lips (kudos to ParkAve for making this nickname stick) aren’t nearly as attractive as the renders. 

4. I know it’s a constant complaint with everything on this site but I really wish it was like 100-150 feet taller. It would look great towering around the same height as the 505 or Batman. 

• Like 2

I still think it’s a wonderful building despite my feelings on the balcony frame thing. This really adds to the skyline and those curves at ground level look amazing. Really a classy building. Is it still scheduled to open in July? 

• Like 4