JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

Wage theft by JWM subcontractors? 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/08/19/construction-workers-protest-outside-jw-marriott/1036341002/

During a Saturday morning protest, dozens of construction workers who helped build the new $285 million JW Marriott hotel downtown said two subcontractors didn't pay them weeks of wages.

They gathered with workers-rights organization Alianza Laboral Nashville outside the 33-story hotel, holding signs saying "Pay us now" and chanting in Spanish from 8 to 9 a.m. 

The action follows a federal lawsuit filed in June alleging fraudulent hiring and labor practices against Florida-based subcontractors First Class Interiors of Naples LLC and MR Drywall Services LLC. About 150 workers were denied fair pay during the hotel's construction, the suit states. 

"They didn't pay us overtime and some weren't paid for the last two weeks of work," worker Cesar Ramirez said. "When we contacted them, they didn't answer our calls. (Workers) have to pay rent and they've got bills to pay and these people don't care. To me, this is abuse."

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

This is Nashville! As long as you have the green, you can pretty much wear what you want. Seems as if its always been that way. There are a few places with dress codes in Nashville, but not that many. We are a tourist city and  people are dressed casual almost everywhere.

915265768_ScreenShot2018-09-14at1_55_39PM.png.c0ace8b20b28ecb6aa2609a307855505.png

From their website.  "Straight from the recording studio" means they've opened the door to almost anything.  Based on the pics, we now know that black t-shirt and baseball cap = "smart casual dress."

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I can't get past the fact that so many people wore ballcaps indoors at a $100-per-person high-rise steakhouse.

5 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

"Straight from the recording studio" means they've opened the door to almost anything.  Based on the pics, we now know that black t-shirt and baseball cap = "smart casual dress."

It's a hotel restaurant. Things are more lax at these places.

Several Nashville restaurants have dress codes they enforce. 

1 hour ago, FrankNash said:

Kayne Prime Steakhouse in the Gulch requires a jacket and no jeans allowed.

Is that new? They definitely didn’t require a jacket when I was there last. 

The hat at dinner is new Nashville. I can’t imagine anyone wearing a ballcap at Jimmy Kellys in 1995.

• Like 1