Fountains at Greenville Apts. : Broad St at Church St. Bridge

vicupstate

Never heard of the proposed hotel being called 12 Midtown. Probably for another city because isn't there a rule in Greenville now, nothing over 10 stories?

There is a 35' limit within the first 50' going back from Main St.  Other than that I know of no restrictions on height within the CBD. The only reason that I know of for buildings not being 15, 17 20 or more stories is simply market forces. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12th & Midtown is a multi-block development in Atlanta. The image was included to show how the façade of a similarly designed parking garage can be modified to appear less "bleak" by utilizing a relatively inexpensive technique.

Don't forget, the CBD height guidelines (not restrictions) were ignored in favor of the second phase building in the ONE development at Main and Washington.

The drawings depicting tall buildings that currently do not exist in Greenville's skyline could represent future developments on vacant lots (Main at Broad and River near Reedy View), or perhaps the artist was imagining a redeveloped Greenville News property.

• 4 weeks later...

My two cents: Greenville should have general design standards to keep downtown architecture consistent.  Otherwise some of these new apartment complexes are going to look horribly dated in a few decades.

The water works building on the east side of downtown, for example, is timeless, as are a lot of the storefronts along Main.  The brick construction of Riverplace works well with a lot of downtown's existing buildings. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There will be a lot to view from Church Street soon.

Yeah. This, EP headquarters, and 121 Rhett all should be under construction within the next two weeks. Then you have Camperdown and possibly Crescent soon after that along with Embassy Suites rising. Talk about density.

• 1 month later...

Yeah. This, EP headquarters, and 121 Rhett all should be under construction within the next two weeks. Then you have Camperdown and possibly Crescent soon after that along with Embassy Suites rising. Talk about density.

That is going to be a lot of activity in that area. But I have a question, what's the possible Crescent project you are talking about? I don't recall hearing about it and if I did I forgot because of all the other things that are going on.

That is going to be a lot of activity in that area. But I have a question, what's the possible Crescent project you are talking about? I don't recall hearing about it and if I did I forgot because of all the other things that are going on.

It's the small condo project on Court Square, behind the Vardry McBee statue. 6 stories I believe?

Add Falls Park Place, the condominium building at RiverPlace, LiNK apartments, the old "green monster" site, the apartment complex under construction on Reedy View, the new hotels, Main+Stone, Southridge, Gateway, future phases of River Walk and River's Edge, the new federal courthouse, etc... Vacant downtown properties are rapidly vanishing.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/117006-construction-thread-the-crescent/#entry1354542

It's the small condo project on Court Square, behind the Vardry McBee statue. 6 stories I believe?

Thanks for the reminder. Forgot it was the Crescent. Just remembered Court Street. It will be very busy with construction for the next couple of years.

Yes. Lots of equipment on site with silt fencing going up today.

Nice. Unbelievable how many projects are actually underway right now with more to come. It will be fun to watch them all rise up and fill the city in. 

Archived