Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smeagolsfree

You guys can be a moderating pain in the rear

16 posts in this topic

Just want to let you guys know it is not easy for Daniel and myself to keep you in line. Neither one of us have banned anyone here and I really do not want to because we know most of you and we both realize your emotions can get the best of you or for that matter me or Daniel at times.

Just tone it down a little. I do realize politics and religion come up, but do not flame another one political, religious, lifestyle, or whatever makes us unique individuals. Most of you guys get along in person and we have had some rather fun exchanges at the meets.

There are a lot of new folks on here and we want to make everyone feel welcome. TONE it down, please. I am not going to single anyone person out, but you probably know who you are.

I am not a Monsoon type moderator that virtually destroyed the forum a few years ago and that is why I took on the responsibility.

I have met a lot of you, and consider you friends. Help me out here. We have to do this from time to time as we get new members and remind us old farts that have been here a while.

Play nice and here are the TOS for everyone to read over again.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/termsofservice.html

1 person likes this

Agreed.

If you have issues, let me know. I try to be more than fair in abiding by the terms that Neo has setup for this site.

It's not a political pissing match.

It's about the built and to-be-built environment and all that makes that possible.

Leave the right-wing-left-wing stuff on... wherever you do that kind of thing.

monsoon....yeah. That's why my old screenname is banned. :rofl:

monsoon....yeah. That's why my old screenname is banned. :rofl:

Yeah, I used to get into it with him quite a bit. He's the reason I left this forum for so long.

1 person likes this

I am afraid to speak, but is he who shall not be named still around??!?!?   :ph34r:

2 people like this

He is the reason I took such a long hiatus from urbanplanet a few years ago.  I'm thankful for the mods we have now, that's for sure! 

I, too, was banned by Monsoon when I defended a poster HE attacked.

For the rest of ya, I ain't got time ta read 48 pages of UT orange liberal tea hippies rural hemp huggers. They already made a movie about it - it's called Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

monsoon was the textbook version of everything that a moderator should not be... I know everyone on the Charlotte forum is glad he's long gone.

1 person likes this

I am guessing this is about the BRT getting canned thread? I signed on today hoping to read the discussion from last night only see the thread disappeared.  I def understand why lots of times topics get heated since we all have a passion for the city. It is also much easier to start a fight from behind a keyboard. Like all message boards I am on it seems like all heated debating ends with personal attacks, especially if people can find a way to weave polictics/religion into them. I could be wrong, but I doubt any dicussions at the monthly meets are very heated like they are on here? haha 

Side note, the old way the site was run sounds terrible after reading about this infamous Monsoon character. Glad to hear that lots have changed on here, because this site has become almost a daily stop for me.

Edited by bigeasy

I've written a response to the Mass Transit thread re The Amp that addresses issues of morality & politics. Should I post it as a new thread in the CH? or just bite my tongue?

For right now , just bite the tongue. I need some things to cool down a little. Thanks my friend.

This is why I resigned after 1.5 years or so as moderator!

ha, this to is my badge of honor circa 2006... (to the newbies I am not anti-gay but Monsoon suspended almost everyone that had an original thought.)

Warning Details

Warning issued by monsoon for Other in Unknown
Given 1 points.
Suspended for 5 days

I am suspending you for making posts on this site that are designed specifically to piss off people. Specifically in that Gay thread. Come back to UrbanPlanet when you are actually serious about discussing urban issues.