Virgin Hotel on Music Row, 15 stories, 262 rooms, music club

leggy77

I noticed that his Chicago Hotel is a re-use of a historic building.

http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/virgin-hotels-in-chicago

So the Nashville hotel will be a new building from the ground up? One Music Square West is the site where they recently tore down the historic home and 1 Music Square East is the little park at the roundabout.

Btw, I love how Richard Branson has his face on everything about Virgin...I mean everything! Everything I clicked on the website had his face on it smiling. LOL

Looking forward to seeing a rendering. This area is Booming!

Here's the press release from the NBJ:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/04/virgin-hotels-opening-nashville-location.html?page=all

Edited by nashmoney

There is bad karma in tearing down an antebellum mansion.    The hotel will be haunted....

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy . . .

• Like 1

A truly exciting announcement for Nashville. It is a shame we lost a historic house in the process, but maybe we will get an eye catching piece of architecture.

Who knows, this may open the door for international travel if Virgin Air comes to Nashville as well.

I agree and it could be another step, and a significant one at that, in helping BNA regain direct flights to London-Heathrow, which was lost when American dropped BNA as a hub.  

• Like 1

Hate to see the old house go, but I am trying to picture it and where exactly this will go. In any case, this is great for the city. With this hotel whether 12 stories or 20 you may wonder why Alex Palmer was passed up again. This Virgin Hotel would have been perfect for West End, but I guess you build where you can buy land.

From Historic Nashville fb page: 

"Nashville became a little less unique yesterday as a stately 19th century $1.3 million home was demolished less than 24 hours after a demo permit was issued to make way for yet another luxury hotel. All that's left is this pile of rubble.

More information on the sudden demolition of the Hamilton-Pilcher House on Music Row. The owner, who lives in Ashland City, pulled a $24,000 demo permit on Monday and knocked the $1.3 million house down on Tuesday. All that remains today is this pile of bricks. The property will be redeveloped with a luxury Virgin Hotel."

From Historic Nashville fb page: 

"Nashville became a little less unique yesterday as a stately 19th century $1.3 million home was demolished less than 24 hours after a demo permit was issued to make way for yet another luxury hotel. All that's left is this pile of rubble.

More information on the sudden demolition of the Hamilton-Pilcher House on Music Row. The owner, who lives in Ashland City, pulled a $24,000 demo permit on Monday and knocked the $1.3 million house down on Tuesday. All that remains today is this pile of bricks. The property will be redeveloped with a luxury Virgin Hotel."

Just hard to believe this kind of stuff can happen.  Home built in the 1830's...and was rumored to have been used during the Civil War.  Guy gets a demo permit and knocks the house down before anyone even knows what is happening.  Shameful. 

• Like 2

Just hard to believe this kind of stuff can happen.  Home built in the 1830's...and was rumored to have been used during the Civil War.  Guy gets a demo permit and knocks the house down before anyone even knows what is happening.  Shameful. 

Usually a last resort is to try to tie the historic structure up in environmental court to save it (at least in a few situations that I've been eaves dropping on in the office). That usually doesn't work, but it gives at least 30-90 days for someone to try to buy the property or put up a matching offer. 

Shameful indeed. 

from Midtown, over to The Gulch, down to the MCC...it's incredible to think what has/will happen with the small stretch of area.

Isn't the area just to the left of this (from Sub Stop/Broadway, back to Division) also up for sale as well?

Yes, it is for sale as well. From the way things are going, we may be in for more on the way. I happen to know of several projects that have yet to be announced. We may have to wait on those for a little while longer. I think we may get another residential announcement very soon of significance.