Virgin Hotel on Music Row, 15 stories, 262 rooms, music club

leggy77

16 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

How wise is it to have a "suspended catwalk" to/from a bar?  Might be very popular if Cat Woman lives there. 

That's what "Right Said Fred"

("..I'm Too Sexy...And I do my little turn on the catwalk...Yeah, on the catwalk, on the catwalk, yeah")
catwalk.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Can we get a letter writing campaign or something going? Mayor Berry has an interventionist government streak, she should use it to fix problems like this. I don't see how they have gotten away with tearing down a beautiful antebellum mansion and putting up a 1980s office box. Hideous. Absolutely hideous. The architect should be ashamed.

• Like 4

I don't think I would be that disappointed with that if they wouldn't have come out with the previous design. And I guess I could be in the minority, but considering where this location is, I am not upset that the old building was demolished. Sure it was historic/old looking, but to me even a bland design like this is a better use of that lot.

(I feel weird though about being somewhat positive about a Nashville project. I must be getting sick)

I'm gonna reserve judgment on this one until we see more renderings or maybe even until it's done.  It seems like Virgin wants to maintain a certain cache with their hotel line, so I can't imagine they'd want some totally bland, uninspiring building to represent their brand in one of the biggest tourist markets in the country. But maybe I'm wrong.  I guess we'll see.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

This rendering had been out for a while before I ran across it yesterday and sent to WW. There will be new renderings very soon. The key takeaway from the article is the website says coming 2019.

My guess is the will not break ground till very late this year or early next year.

My biggest disappointment is that they ended up playing it safe after showing us the previous design, which was a bit more groundbreaking for Nashville.  This design just doesn't feel like Richard Branson, IMO.