Virgin Hotel on Music Row, 15 stories, 262 rooms, music club

leggy77

For a little context, the newly designed Virgin Hotel fits in the roundabout area nicely.

Roundabout%20Development_zpsg73zrh0u.jpg

The all-glass Roundabout Plaza Building hurts the eyes a little, but the new projects should make this one of the nicer corners in town for many reasons. Now if the Elmington Capital lot and the parking lot in the foreground of the Element Apts., which is zoned for 20 floors, are developed as nicely, this would be a very pleasant place to stroll around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Absolutely pathetic.  I know the current development team aren't the same asshats that tore down the Pilcher-Hamilton House, but they should feel some moral compulsion to design something worthy of what was lost.  Pathetic.

I'm quite entertained by your candor.  It probably represents a slew of the otherwise silent majority.  A far as I'm concerned, it might as well be just another Motel-6 on roids.

5 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Absolutely pathetic.  I know the current development team aren't the same asshats that tore down the Pilcher-Hamilton House, but they should feel some moral compulsion to design something worthy of what was lost.  Pathetic.

I mean it looks like it was designed somewhere around 1978-1984. Could be in any particular downtown or dropped and forgotten in a suburban office park. This is supposed to be a world-class brand when it is utterly mediocre and bland.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

For reference and comparison purposes, while we get the suburban Houston office building that time traveled here from 1982, the other cities getting Virgin properties are being gifted with the following:

I find it so odd how we're supposedly an "it" city now, and yet, we still are given the hyper cheap, conservative throw-away designs as though our reputation were still that of an unsophisticated country backwater.  I honestly don't understand it.

When Nashville's own leaders (e.g. MDHA) don't insist on striking and bold designs, and the persistent "fear of heights" still reigns across downtown, a wise developer would know that s/he doesn't need to propose anything remarkable. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

1st Dallas (Would be perfect for Nashville) - 2nd NYC (wish Nashville could pull this off) - 3rd Nashville (uninspired) - 4th Palm Springs (Fugly)

I think the new Virgin design for Nashville it will actually age better than the older design, but yes  would much prefer a Dallas or NYC version!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...