Virgin Hotel on Music Row, 15 stories, 262 rooms, music club

leggy77

Probably the character-less ("clean") international style with the trees along the sidewalk, not to mention the intersection coming together at an angle. Very foggy bottom and K-street. 

I must admit I like the smaller pane effect of the windows along the main portion. And each floor looks tall, which should make the building tall for a 14-story structure.  I'd expect the rooms to be large and "lofty". 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Probably the character-less ("clean") international style with the trees along the sidewalk, not to mention the intersection coming together at an angle. Very foggy bottom and K-street.

Exactly what I was just about to say. This could be any one of a hundred anonymous buildings in downtown DC. They better activate the crap out of the street because this design is far from memorable. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Canuck87 said:

Brief article about the hotel. I'm not sure if it provides any new or relevant information, but thought I'd share anyway.

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4079632.html

When did people start referring to hotel rooms as "chambers?"

Anticipated to open in Summer 2019, Virgin Hotels Nashville is situated on Music Row on the corner of Division Street and 17th Avenue South. The new build hotel will feature 260 chambers, multiple dining and drinking outlets, including the brand's flagship space, The Commons Club, a rooftop lounge with an infinity pool, gym, and 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, titanhog said:

As mentioned in November...Virgin is supposed to break ground in April.  Anyone heard anything different?

https://www.musicrow.com/2016/11/virgin-hotels-nashville-to-break-ground-in-april-2017/

Smeagolsfree told us at the last Meet-Up that as soon as all the fencing that surrounds Skyhouse along Division and 17th Ave. South comes down, then they will begin on Virgin.  The city didn't want to have sidewalk and lane closures on so close to each other simultaneously.  Everything looks to be finishing up at Skyhouse and the adjoining parking garage within a few weeks, so April seems like an accurate prediction. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

Why would it be better if it were cancelled?

We lost an antebellum mansion for an empty overgrown lot which, after 3 years, is being turned in hotel with a generic, stripped down design. Wish we could start from scratch

Edited by claya91
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, claya91 said:

We lost an antebellum mansion for an empty overgrown lot which, after 3 years, is being turned in hotel with a generic, stripped down design. Wish we could start from scratch

No doubt.  But I'd rather they build the current design than to leave that empty lot, now that they've knocked down that home.  The real crime is what they knocked down to dig Lake Palmer.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, titanhog said:

No doubt.  But I'd rather they build the current design than to leave that empty lot, now that they've knocked down that home.  The real crime is what they knocked down to dig Lake Palmer.

My thoughts exactly.  I hate that they knocked the mansion down too, but I'd rather have something there than an empty lot. 

• Like 1

I seem to be in the minority here, but I wasn't a huge fan of the original design. I can't quite put my finger on what I didn't like about it, but it just didn't seem to fit in that area. The new design isn't an architectural marvel, but I think its design is more timeless. I do prefer it over the original, but I don't think either are the best use for the site.

Edited by VSRJ