Trenholm Plaza/Forest Drive Developments

SCastroman

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From The State:

J.Crew and Anthropologie -- two national retailers new to the Columbia scene -- will set up shop in Trenholm Plaza in the recently closed Books-A-Million space, the shopping center developer told The State Wednesday.

J.Crew, which features casual and dressy clothing and accessories for the whole family, and Anthropologie, which sells women’s clothing and accessories, as well as home décor, both will open in the fall at the shopping center at the corner of Forest Drive and Trenholm Plaza in Forest Acres.

Anthropologie will take up about 9,700 square feet of the former bookstore. J.Crew will take up about 6,000 square feet. That will leave about 3,500 square feet that Edens hopes to lease to a local retailer, possibly in the fashion realm, Darnall said.

I'd love to see a nice Brooks Brothers make it to Columbia, in that area or even Downtown!

I know economically it makes sense to locate at Trenholm/ Cross Hill, but I hope success in these areas inspires J. Crew and Anthropologie (among others) to expand next in the Vista. For years there has been a shift away from malls and stores like Apple, Urban Outfitters, Gap, etc that can stand alone seem to finally be considering downtown Columbia rather than just Irmo and Northeast.

Archived