San Marco Place

jacksonvillian

The Times Union recently reported that the San Marco Place development on Riverplace Boulevard was going verticle, but I drove by the other day and couldn't see any signs of verticle construction. Does anyone know the estimated construction completion date?

Does anyone have a pic of the original rendering (Ervin Lovett's two tower design) to post??... I've seen the small thumbnail, but not much detail there. Anyone?

:blush:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You beat me too it. I was currently looking for that rendering. Anyway, I think the original design was a much better one. Although it lacked the height, they seem to be more in scale (the tower u/c seems too massive for the mediterraean style ), and it seems more urban friendly. Btw, I think the completion date is scheduled for sometime in early 2007.

You beat me too it.  I was currently looking for that rendering.  Anyway, I think the original design was a much better one.  Although it lacked the height, they seem to be more in scale (the tower u/c seems too massive for the mediterraean style ), and it seems more urban friendly.  Btw, I think the completion date is scheduled for sometime in early 2007.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Lake: Do you have a larger, higher res. of this rendering... it does look better than the Haskell redesign.

am i the only one that finds it hilarious that they are marketing the development with "river views" and that they are building 2 (that's two) highrise residential towers across the street, essentially blocking alot of that view>>> and then if the radisson is demo-d and the 10-12 story development there goes in>>> what's left???

am i the only one that finds it hilarious that they are marketing the development with "river views" and that they are building 2 (that's two) highrise residential towers across the street

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lakelander is correct, cuban ... there are stunning, unblocked river views to the south. these are the specific river views that they are marketing (i've actually met with the sales staff.) when i asked about river views, they mentioned their southern facing units, not the northern ones.

its not going vertical yet - stone columns are still being installed, then the spread footings and some other work then it can go. it'll go at the rate of 1.25 stories per week, though, so prepare yourselves to watch 22 floors go up in 18 weeks. itll top out before the building across the street, even though san marco is taller

its not going vertical yet

I swear I thought it was vertical already. I am no expert though. Maybe what I saw was the rebar being installed into the ground for the foundation. Anyway, I think you will also have a river view from the SMP between the Strand and the Peninsula as they will have an open area between them. I also prefer the interiors of the San Marco Place to those of the Strand/Peninsula. And, how about the pace of San Marco Pace - 22 floors in 18 weeks!!

I also find it funny that "San Marco" Place bears the name San Marco.  Technically speaking, it's located on the Southbank, not in San Marco, but they're taking advantage of that trendy name, I'm sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh yeah, all developments do that to entice people, especially in Miami with places like the Mist, Waterside...etc I think that it will be very good for its location.

True, all developers come up with contrived names. At least they chose "San Marco" rather than all those terrible suburban names like "eagle creek" or "oak river" or "nature meadow."

But anyway, it's not like San Marco is a tremendously meaningful name. It fact, it was just a contrived developer name itself!! Developers named it after Piazza San Marcos in Venice (somehow I don't quite see the connection).

Archived