Uptown

orlandoguy

• 1 month later...

8 hours ago, orlandoguy said:

On my way up to dinner at Citrus last night I noticed a sign for a new cafe in the window of the old Virgin Olive/Green Day space. According to their Facebook page they expect to open this month:

http://www.pearsonscafeorlando.com/

Yeah they are a pretty mediocre at best caterer but the revenue from catering should keep them open.

The Ivanhoe and Park Lake districts do have a pretty decent building stock in the Mission Revival style so I don't think these will necessarily be misplaced.  Some of the design elements though do seem to take on a Southwest flair (such as the rooftop trellises and boxy appearance). 

I would have preferred an enhancement to the original brick town homes over a complete redesign.

Edited by prahaboheme
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

The Ivanhoe and Park Lake districts do have a pretty decent building stock in the Mission Revival style so I don't think these will necessarily be misplaced.  Some of the design elements though do seem to take on a Southwest flair (such as the rooftop trellises and boxy appearance). 

I would have preferred an enhancement to the original brick town homes over a complete redesign.

I'm with you on that.

Give me brick, brick and more brick.

I never get sick of brick.

Well, to a point...

Stone is nice, too.

• Like 1

The original look wasn't attractive at all, so no loss here. One thing I will say is that I really like the layout and land use of this design. Developers of townhomes often have some "interior" units that open out onto a narrow and useless interior courtyard (see the Brownstones at Thorton Park), which allows them to pack in a few more units and point to there being some common space (as useless as it is). The design of this place prevents anyone having to have a less desirable interior unit.

Edited by GTR

1 hour ago, bulldogger said:

It being 90 degrees today and looking at this building makes me want to put on sunglasses at my desk.

(•_•)

So if it's hot out, wouldn't you want...

( •_•)> --■-■

...a white building?

(--■_■)

Edited by alex
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...