orlandoguy

Uptown

Now if they could do something with that strip along SR-50. between Orange and the 7-11 (I wouldn't mind if the 7-11 went away too).  Right now it's a tattoo parlor, rent-a-car, and something else.

But, I'm all on board with the 7s.

Edited by cwetteland

Break ground next week. We'll have a post up later this week or early next.

Awesome.

This is this is literally the final piece to the Uptown core group of projects to get it to a minimum visual and residential/retail density that's acceptable.  Once The Sevens is opened, other future proposals will only just enhance this core group of projects.

Think back to just before they broke ground on Steelhouse.  That corner at Orange & 50 stunk big time.  Now, with Residence Inn and Steelhouse it's looking so much better.  And The Sevens, although it will not abut 50, will be close enough to make an enormous impact.

This really is a huge project on so many levels.

From the OBJ

Brazilian developer plans downtown Orlando mixed-use project at former Lunch Basket site

I've wanted to see uptown expand from just Orange Ave., but I hope this is just a massing model.  The article says it will be designed to fit in ... so for now I'll take their word.

That rendering was done by the previous owner as a sales piece. I saw it on the marketing flyer a while ago. 

The Sevens:  Have they started construction?  I don't think so.

drove by yesterday and they have not moved any dirt yet.  there is a small trailor on property as redstar noted.  and a few flags markings stuff.  no machinery on site yet.

Drove by Sevens this morning.  Saw a good amount of wood and metal sticking up from the site.  Lots of workers bustling around, moving dirt and I guess prepping the foundation. 

Next order of business for Uptown - let's get Orange Ave from Colonial to Magnolia reconfigured into a two-way, brick street designed for pedestrian level activity.  I see no reason why Uptown cannot evolve into the next South Eola district (the Central Avenue treatment) if some work is done to create a more intimate setting there.

• Like 2

I drove by last night and noticed quite a few columns already erected.  Well, the forms were there, but not sure if they were poured yet.

Today, I noticed that they removed the forms.  The concrete was already poured.

This is from yesterday. 

I love that you can see not only Sevens under construction, but also the hotel and Lynx Central Station being built (and not to mention Steel House being pretty recent). 

A lot of the connectivity and identity of Uptown will depend on what they do with the Orlando Sentinel property.  

Next order of business for Uptown - let's get Orange Ave from Colonial to Magnolia reconfigured into a two-way, brick street designed for pedestrian level activity.  I see no reason why Uptown cannot evolve into the next South Eola district (the Central Avenue treatment) if some work is done to create a more intimate setting there.

Including better lighting at night and a landscaping makeover too. That area could really use a massive amount of traffic calming treatments. I would imagine it's like playing a real life game of Frogger trying to cross the street.

• Like 1

Including better lighting at night and a landscaping makeover too. That area could really use a massive amount of traffic calming treatments. I would imagine it's like playing a real life game of Frogger trying to cross the street.

It sure is. 

And funding that LYMMO extension!

I may have accidentally foreshadowed with this post. We may see LYMMO service as far north as Marks as soon as this Spring.

Any more info on the northern expansion of lymmo? It'd be nice to not have to make a half an hour walk to go to citrus or north quarter tavern once that opens.