Uptown

orlandoguy

Break ground next week. We'll have a post up later this week or early next.

Awesome.

This is this is literally the final piece to the Uptown core group of projects to get it to a minimum visual and residential/retail density that's acceptable.  Once The Sevens is opened, other future proposals will only just enhance this core group of projects.

Think back to just before they broke ground on Steelhouse.  That corner at Orange & 50 stunk big time.  Now, with Residence Inn and Steelhouse it's looking so much better.  And The Sevens, although it will not abut 50, will be close enough to make an enormous impact.

This really is a huge project on so many levels.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Next order of business for Uptown - let's get Orange Ave from Colonial to Magnolia reconfigured into a two-way, brick street designed for pedestrian level activity.  I see no reason why Uptown cannot evolve into the next South Eola district (the Central Avenue treatment) if some work is done to create a more intimate setting there.

• Like 2

This is from yesterday. 

I love that you can see not only Sevens under construction, but also the hotel and Lynx Central Station being built (and not to mention Steel House being pretty recent). 

A lot of the connectivity and identity of Uptown will depend on what they do with the Orlando Sentinel property.  

Next order of business for Uptown - let's get Orange Ave from Colonial to Magnolia reconfigured into a two-way, brick street designed for pedestrian level activity.  I see no reason why Uptown cannot evolve into the next South Eola district (the Central Avenue treatment) if some work is done to create a more intimate setting there.

Including better lighting at night and a landscaping makeover too. That area could really use a massive amount of traffic calming treatments. I would imagine it's like playing a real life game of Frogger trying to cross the street.

• Like 1

Including better lighting at night and a landscaping makeover too. That area could really use a massive amount of traffic calming treatments. I would imagine it's like playing a real life game of Frogger trying to cross the street.

It sure is.