japan

Museum Hotel on 3rd Ave.

23 posts in this topic

nice! i have heard great things about this chain and was hoping we would get one soon.

1 person likes this

222 third ave north is the address listed.  I think the building goes all the way back to second ave north.

222 third ave north is the address listed.  I think the building goes all the way back to second ave north.

I wonder if they'll be able to make the 2nd Ave entrance the primary entrance? The 3rd Ave front door is directly across from parking garage with not a whole lot do street activation in the area. The 2nd Ave side much more welcoming.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

21c Museum Hotel adds notable investor to help with it's 3rd Avenue North Hotel conversion.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/09/15/notable-investor-joins-printers-alley-boutique.html

New render as well:

Good grief, our journalists don't even know the difference between Printers Alley and Bankers Alley.

3 people like this

Unfortunately, the term journalist is disappearing in favor or just a reporter or blogger. Many times I have see in some of the Headlines a sort of subtle juvenile element to those headlines.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, FrankNash said:

Bankers Alley that butts up to the hotel running between 2nd and 3rd street is being transformed with new lighting,modern benches, and speakers for music.

Good, except speakers for music.

9 hours ago, Neigeville2 said:

Good, except speakers for music.

We ARE Music City!

16 hours ago, FrankNash said:

Bankers Alley that butts up to the hotel running between 2nd and 3rd street is being transformed with new lighting,modern benches, and speakers for music.

Great!!    This needed to happen.   

I don't get the awkwardly hanging animals...they kind of creep me out. Other than that, looks like a cool place!

Posted (edited)

Had dinner with friends at Gray and Dudley's and it is a beautiful space with a very NY type vibe and look.  We were disappointed in the food and menu however.  It is fairly limited and one of the features are thin pork chops with bone and none of the three in our party were impressed or would order again.  I had shrimp and rice grits and it was ok but nothing great.  The drinks were good and they actually had $10 drinks but like way too many then add both sales tax and the liquor tax which means the printed menu price of $10 is more like $14.  I wish our metro council would mandate truthful pricing and not these hidden charges,  the Omni also does this.  

Edited by GreenHillsBoy
1 person likes this

Interior of Gray & Dudley Restaurant inside 21c Museum Hotel:

Gray & Dudley 1, May 12, 2017.jpg

Gray & Dudley 2, May 12, 2017.jpg

Gray & Dudley 3, May 12, 2017.jpg

Gray & Dudley 4, May 12, 2017.jpg

Gray & Dudley 5, May 12, 2017.jpg

Gray & Dudley 7, May 12, 2017.jpg

Gray & Dudley 8, May 12, 2017.jpg

Gray & Dudley 16 May 12, 2017.jpg

3 people like this