Cotswold Area Projects

Miesian Corners

• 2 weeks later...

The new Publix is nice, fresh and new. Lots of parking under the store which is nice. That's about where it ends for us. Upstairs only grocery makes no sense, with elevators just about big enough to squeeze a cart in.  The S Blvd store at least has extra large elevators and ground floor entrance. However they scammed us in not completing any improvements to the traffic flow in this area,  is really the shame. You are stuck in that block no matter how you try to get out of the lot. No way to make a left turn back towards Sharon Amity except at the light that goes to Harris Teeter/Smashburger. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 9:04 AM, KickinChicken23 said:

The new Publix is nice, fresh and new. Lots of parking under the store which is nice. That's about where it ends for us. Upstairs only grocery makes no sense, with elevators just about big enough to squeeze a cart in.  The S Blvd store at least has extra large elevators and ground floor entrance. However they scammed us in not completing any improvements to the traffic flow in this area,  is really the shame. You are stuck in that block no matter how you try to get out of the lot. No way to make a left turn back towards Sharon Amity except at the light that goes to Harris Teeter/Smashburger. 

It is super frustrating that I can’t turn left into the store coming south on Randolph. I have to remember to enter from the back of the building off of Colwick. And they made the same obnoxious mistake the EathFare parking deck did when it opened of not leaving an opening to access cars parked across the parking lot. Pushing the full cart all the way around the first row of cars is a big pain. Hoping they correct this like EarthFare eventually did. It will likely eat up 2 parking spaces but still, it is a hike through that parking deck right now. And you are so right about the elevators when compared to the South Blvd store. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Since this thread was bumped. 

As I drive by it twice a day, I noticed some construction going on at 4801 Randolph Rd. just down from the Publix. 

Turns out its going to be a small medical office building. Not too exciting but likely not a terrible idea, there is an nursing home next door and brand new 55+ apartments across the street (Overture Cotswold). This was a vacant lot. 

https://mpvre.com/properties/cotswold-mob/

Apartments turned out decent as well, for what they are. They also widened the sidewalks, added some plantings, and added more lighting to what was a pretty grim stretch of Randolph. 

https://www.apartments.com/overture-cotswold-55-apartment-homes-charlotte-nc/jt25fp6/

Edited by Bruco72
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Can anyone share the details on what is happening  to the Bojangles across from Cotswold mall.  I understand that Chik Fil A is converting to drive-thru only- is that project related to the work at the Bojangles or separate?  

8 hours ago, eastsider said:

That Bojangles has been closed for remodeling for a couple of years now. It doesn't appear that any work has actually been done, not sure what their plans are.

Well, what you shared was true until recently.  Work is being done.  I'm curious about if it is truly a remodel, or related to other work. 

Edited by WCUP
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 8:06 AM, WCUP said:

Well, what you shared was true until recently.  Work is being done.  I'm curious about if it is truly a remodel, or related to other work. 

So it's looking like it's just a remodel.  Gonna stay a Bojangles.  Will keep everyone updated on the progress.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone looked at the approved plans for the rebuilt Chick-fil-A lately? Now that demo is done they are already doing site work. I thought they were moving all of the curb cuts to be closer to the Publix entrance but it appears they are pouring curb cuts close to the original entrance.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2023 at 9:42 AM, sakami said:

Has anyone looked at the approved plans for the rebuilt Chick-fil-A lately? Now that demo is done they are already doing site work. I thought they were moving all of the curb cuts to be closer to the Publix entrance but it appears they are pouring curb cuts close to the original entrance.

Nothing to add of merit, other than wishing it would be closed forever.  Not having the backups to the light at Sharon Amity/Randolph has been nice with the back to school traffic firing up.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Did I just miss that Asana bought Cotswold Village or did this stay quiet? 
From The Ledger:

• Cotswold mall rezoning: The new owner of the Cotswold Village shopping center has submitted a rezoning request to the city to change the zoning to a “neighborhood center,” a designation that allows multifamily housing along with businesses. The application contained no details but listed the “proposed use” as “residential,” according to city documents. Asana Partners bought the mall in October for $110M.

Edited by sakami
Extra letter left in
  • Like 2