Remember these?

sunshine

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

Blue Rose had sold 400+ units on day one.  But, was too far from the OCCC to even justify its existence.

Orlando City Place was a scam.  I mean, aside from the fraud that Kalvritenos or whatever did with investor $$$, how could you justify MEd Revival design mixed in with the overall scheme?

Citymark was real.  The developer actually chimed in on either UP or that other forum about it. 

Orlando was late to the game ala the boom.  If it had started in Orlando instead of Orlando's boom being a trickle down result of what was going on in Miami at the time, so many more projects would have been built, its sick to consider.  Tradition Towers was oh so close.  Verde twins were oh so close, but change orders and China's demand for concrete were driving up construction costs so fast that every delay sounded the death knell. 

So many other projects as well.

Now, we're seeing projects getting built that are viable out of the gate.  I think the more that get built out of this bunch, the greater likelihood banks will loan $$$ for larger projects a little further down the line. 

The Verde twins was a GDC project and at least they stayed the course with NORA, for example.  And on this note, NORA will be the "glue" that interconnects so many properties in Uptown- it will create so much synergy.  That, will pay so many dividends down the road its sick for that neighborhood.  Just wait and see.  Once that synergy matures, there will be more of these large and larger projects coming.

And of course, who can forget this one?

dsc15114rw.jpg

I think this one was the biggest let down of them all, not only because of the beautiful design & the great location, but because it really looked like it was going to happen for awhile.

And whatever became of this... thing?

385norange21cf.jpg

Another list of Orlando never happened projects.

If all the projects that have been proposed over the years had been built, downtown Orlando would look like Manhattan.  :D

I always thought tradition towers was a pipe dream. $500 a foot starting off! Not realistic. I am sure most of the deposits were from people assuming that they could flip the contract and never close. 

I always thought tradition towers was a pipe dream. $500 a foot starting off! Not realistic. I am sure most of the deposits were from people assuming that they could flip the contract and never close. 

I personally know a realtor who represented a foreign investment group that was trying to negotiate a flat rate on a big chunk of units at TT.  Had Walsh and company agreed, they would have sold the minimum required for the loan and the project would have been built.  But they were too stubborn and wouldn't deal.  Then all hec broke loose with Walsh and the rest is history.

^^

The green buildings are 101 Eola and the sister project that was never built.

Another project is Eola Place.  Near the Thornton Common building.  It had maroon highlights.

The Orlando "Palace" Towers would have been so awesome just merely because of its location, at Lake Ivanhoe.

And whatever became of this... thing?

385norange21cf.jpg

Another list of Orlando never happened projects.

If all the projects that have been proposed over the years had been built, downtown Orlando would look like Manhattan.  :D

That sign is still out there on the corner.  Not even faded.

Did they seriously consider allowing someone to develop Constitution Green park? That really surprises me. Not only because it's become somewhat iconic to the South Eola neighborhood but also because public open green space is such a valuable (and rare) thing downtown.

I work across the street from the +1 lot at Orange & Livingston. That sign is quite faded and has fallen down several times. While it'd be wonderful to see that area developed (especially now that it would help connect Skyhouse with Orange) I doubt it'll happen soon.

Did they seriously consider allowing someone to develop Constitution Green park? That really surprises me. Not only because it's become somewhat iconic to the South Eola neighborhood but also because public open green space is such a valuable (and rare) thing downtown.

I work across the street from the +1 lot at Orange & Livingston. That sign is quite faded and has fallen down several times. While it'd be wonderful to see that area developed (especially now that it would help connect Skyhouse with Orange) I doubt it'll happen soon.

I believe there were homes on the land now known as Constitution Green and from what I understand, they were bulldozed due to ground instability issues. Due to the size of the lot, and the city's interests in preserving the old live oaks on the property, it became a park although it is not owned by the city. The city currently maintains & leases the land from the owner until the site can be developed. I think there also are a few other private sites like this which are leased by the city for public use.

I believe there were homes on the land now known as Constitution Green and from what I understand, they were bulldozed due to ground instability issues. Due to the size of the lot, and the city's interests in preserving the old live oaks on the property, it became a park although it is not owned by the city. The city currently maintains & leases the land from the owner until the site can be developed. I think there also are a few other private sites like this which are leased by the city for public use.

Very interesting ... Thanks for the info. I had no idea any such arrangement existed. It'd be a shame to one day lose the green space and/or the oaks. I was just driving by the other day with some out of town guests and they commented on how awesome the trees are.

Archived