New Hotels in/around Uptown

cltbwimob

16 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Moxy Hotel - 4th and Brevard.

Directly across Brevard from the CTC... currently a surface lot.

well I guess that means my friend struck out bringing them to the Gold Distric

12 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ Okay I see that would be a great location for a new hotel.  If they get some height they would have great views of the skyline. 

I don't know of many moxy's over 12 floors, except those severely constrained geographically, NYC, Boston, Chicago, Tokyo, etc

Edited by Guest

As previously mentioned above a Moxy Hotel by Marriott is coming to uptown.

From the Business Journal today

""Pre-submittal development materials in public records show that a Moxy hotel, a Marriott flag, is planned for the corner of Fourth and Brevard streets, across the street from the Charlotte Transportation Center and near the site of a previously planned condo tower. If approved, this would be Charlotte's first Moxy hotel, which is described by Marriott (NYSE: MAR) as an "affordable boutique hotel." There are at least 20 Moxy hotels open globally, with another 86 in the pipeline.    Rooms are small, averaging 183 square feet, and hotels typically include 100 to 200 rooms.   The block where the Moxy is planned is owned by an entity called Roy T Number Thirteen LLC, affiliated with locally based FMW Real Estate, according to its business license. That entity owns three parcels that total almost half an acre along Brevard Street.""

Subscriber https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/03/26/another-boutique-hotel-flag-new-to-charlotte.html?ana=TWT_staffAF

• Like 3

There is a lot of potential in those 4 large quadrants (parking lots).  Hopefully, this helps bridge the gap between the arena and Fahrenheit.  Does Moxy know something about CTC's future that we don't?  I'm just thinking to myself that there are a dozen other places I would build before here.  But being next to the arena is great and I've always said those undeveloped lots have some much potential.  

Has CTC been drawn down over the years? 

I feel like lately CTC isn’t a big deal. There used to be lots of people lining the sidewalks, congregating. Some not so polite. Now it seems a lot emptier then I remember. 

If CTC is no longer a problem, then it’d a pretty attractive parcel 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 1

Well, CATS has been saying that they are trying to move away from "hub and spoke" system of the past and utilize the Lynx as a catalyst to redo the entire system to be more distributed.

Also, when Charlotte Gateway Station was announced originally, they -- CATS -- actually made a comment that they were considering moving CTC to the new station. Lewis has backtracked since then, said it would not affect the CTC.

Either way, that is prime real-estate and I do not see CTC remaining in its current form past 2030.  I think it will be completely moved or end up being 1/4 the size with very specific routes covered.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

^I can imagine this place being pretty busy during pool season, esp since I think it will be open to the public during certain hours.  With the big screen and bar, looks like a prime spot to host day parties (mini vegas pool party).  This is probably the nicest outdoor hotel pool uptown.  Holiday Inn actually has a nice rooftop pool and jacuzzi but needs some renovations up there imo.  I think Kimpton missed out on putting a pool where their yoga thing is now, however, the position of 300ST and the back of Kimpton would probably provide minimal sunlight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 2:28 PM, tozmervo said:

I don't guess this has been posted yet, but the Omni work appears to be complete.  It's certainly a lot nicer than the old condition, though it's still "dead" street frontage from a use perspective. 

2018-04-20 13.23.03.jpg

There desperately needs to be a logo somewhere right there. No one knows that’s an Omni unless you’re looking at the top of the building. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...