New Hotels in/around Uptown

cltbwimob

These hotels the AC by Marriott and Residence Inn dual brand at the Epicenter look really nice.  What a great view from the Residence Inn breakfast area.  Check out the 35 photos in this article.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/28/photos-dual-branded-hotel-joins-charlotte-s.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-08-28&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1535487129&j=83525061

I love the local artwork throughout the hotel. That’s a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

With the Hyatt Centric announcement yesterday, Charlotte will now have, either under construction or proposed the following luxury and boutique brands:

Hyatt Centric

JW Marriott 

InterContinental

Moxy

Canopy

Grand Bohemian 

Additionally, in adjacent counties there are two Cambria hotels and one Ascend collection hotel either in development or under construction.  Coupled with our current brands such as Kimpton and Ritz, Charlotte is really starting to up its game in this segment of the hotel market.

Now all we need is a Loews, Hyatt/Hyatt Regency, W, and Hotel Indigo, and we’ll be pretty week represented in the full service/lux/boutique market.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

With the Hyatt Centric announcement yesterday, Charlotte will now have, either under construction or proposed the following luxury and boutique brands:

Hyatt Centric

JW Marriott 

InterContinental

Moxy

Canopy

Grand Bohemian 

Additionally, in adjacent counties there are two Cambria hotels and one Ascend collection hotel either in development or under construction.  Coupled with our current brands such as Kimpton and Ritz, Charlotte is really starting to up its game in this segment of the hotel market.

Now all we need is a Loews, Hyatt/Hyatt Regency, W, and Hotel Indigo, and we’ll be pretty week represented in the full service/lux/boutique market.

Canopy is looking for a new home, I wouldn't call it proposed. If you want to call it proposed you should call Curio by Hilton proposed at Levine Midtown too. 

I just rememembered Canopy is going to be built in SouthPark, but I want the statement above to continue living as a jab at Daniel Levine.

Edited by Guest

Yes Southpark is on a roll with a new AC by Marriott and 2 new brands Hyatt Centric and Canopy by Hilton.  Southpark is the 2nd best hotel market after uptown.   Of course uptown has its new brands JW Marriott, Moxy, Intercontinental, Bohemian, Even etc.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cltbwimob said:

Hyatt Centric

JW Marriott 

InterContinental

Moxy

Canopy

Grand Bohemian 

I have a feeling an Indigo is going somewhere....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

I have a feeling an Indigo is going somewhere....

I'd imagine to 10 Tryon. I also predict Duke Energy 2 will have a 300 South Tryon type format with a hotel facing the convention center.

8 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'd imagine to 10 Tryon. I also predict Duke Energy 2 will have a 300 South Tryon type format with a hotel facing the convention center.

Actually guessing Spectrum South End. Think they've done a bunch of stuff with ICH in the past (Kimpton for example). 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Actually guessing Spectrum South End. Think they've done a bunch of stuff with ICH in the past (Kimpton for example). 

Interesting. Well Indigo was pretty much confirmed at 10 Tryon, that fell apart, and then flirted with Tryon Plaza, which was a weird f'n move, since thats all office condos...  Spectrum would probably be a good fit too. I'll see what I can find out. Hotel development is still going strong.

2 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

It  still baffles me that we don't have a  full service Hyatt in CLT yet.  I feel when/if the 1000 room convention hotel is finalized that it will be either the Hyatt or Hyatt Regency brand.

I think Charlotte is in desperate need of more higher-end brands and I'm looking forward to the JW, Intercon, and GB.  There is a shortage of 5* offerings Uptown.  Ritz, I believe is the only one, although I thought Ivey's was 5* but it says 4 online (rooms are spectacular btw).  Charlotte needs more options like these...there are only two hotel choices on Amex's Fine Hotels & Resorts listings (Ritz & The Ballantyne ) and surprisingly zero choices when using Chase's portal for The Luxury Hotel & resort Collection.  With the addition of the u/c hotels, I would like to see maybe 1 or 2 more announced in the near future...potentially LU phase 3/4, DEC2 site, convention hotel.  Let's keep our hotel game strong into 2019!

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tarhoosier said:

In this photo the white building is the original YMCA for Brooklyn, the African American neighborhood in which this building was a cornerstone. Memory serves that it was a Carnegie Y, from Andrew Carnegie, but google provides no substance for that memory. The lower level, downstairs from the entry door you see, was baths, that is, steam bath and such, as was the practice of the time. I was down there once and it was damp, no light and filled with creatures of the darkness which I prefer to leave unnamed. The gymnasium was the rear part of the building and the large windows have been filled with glass brick. A gymnasium at that time was for workouts, indian clubs and pre-Naismith activities. The building is still whole today, as one may see here. The Charlotte YMCA says that this YMCA was moved to the current McCrorey site in 1969 and named for Mr. McCrorey at about that time. In a more recent time it was used by United Way which had an agency on the entrance end and the U. Way used the gym for meetings when large groups were expected. I believe this property is for sale. In any case I fully expect this to be a residue of history that is pulverised quite soon. 

IMG_8273.thumb.JPG.eaf6ec5feefefa18841fc599604c6dc8.jpg.b95666e8bf0b97907b37029a21a9626c.jpg

Was this not sold in 2017 and is being land banked by Linden Thomas? Or is it for sale again?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, QClifer said:

what hotels have opened downtown from when the NBA Allstar game was supposed to be played in 2017 to the game in a couple weeks?  Added 1200 rooms downtown in that 2 year period?

SpringHill Suites (195 rooms), AC Marriott and Residence Inn (300), Tryon Park (217), Embassy Suites (250), Ivey’s (42)

Edited by TheOneRJ
  • Like 4

On 1/25/2019 at 8:31 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

If Charlotte continues on its current growth trajectory I believe that the city can support 10,000 hotel rooms within the I-277 Loop in the next couple years.

Charlotte needs this with all these big event that are or could be coming to the city. (NBA AllStar, National Convention, possible Superbowl lol)

• Like 1