New Hotels in/around Uptown

cltbwimob

14 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Staying in Nashville for a night on my way to the Mid West, A little underwhelmed by the density, development and buildings. But my favorite building by far is the new JW Marriot, Really hope we get a Hotel to turn out like this. 

CC41E8CF-9B69-416A-964E-6E2A21E7DA37.jpeg

Yeah they have a slick JW Marriot. As far as Nashville's density and development, yeah I felt underwhelmed too when I visited last year.... but people would've been underwhelmed with Charlotte in 1998 as well which is comparable to where Nashville is today. They'll get there in 20 years. Just like Charlotte will eventually get to where Atlanta is today in 40 years.

51 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Downtown Nashville seems to dwarf Charlotte as far as number of Hotel Rooms available within the Central Business District.  I guess this developed over time due to Nashvilles large tourism industry?

Yes, Nashville has a tourism component that Charlotte will likely never have.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Charlotte has a growing tourism industry, And it will grow its nightlife and dining to include an “It street” like broadway in Nashville. However we won’t ever have their tourist industry. We’re a working city, They’re a party city. 

We will never have a Broadway. Those are all older buildings with way cheaper rent. 

If Charlotte were to ever end up with something even remotely close to that it would be so manufactured it would never have the same feel or admiration. Plus, where would you do that here? If someone with deep pockets were to accumulate a large swath of property along Wilkinson before values got too high there then maybe something with a human scale could be done and still be profitable. Streetscape improvements to give it a nice grand boulevard feel would make it enjoyably strollable.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Both of the these new hotels look good on this day especially the SpringHill Suites.  The Springhill is one of the best new buildings built in the last couple of years. 

IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

I agree about the Spinghill Hotel.  Certainly looks nice at night too with its lighting scheme!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Finally is all I can say.  From the Business Journal this morning

""A dual-branded hotel development in uptown is scheduled to open in two weeks after facing numerous challenges since the project's inception, including a legal dispute over air rights, a failed condo project leftover on the site and construction delays.  The 22-story AC Hotel and Residence Inn Charlotte City Center above the EpiCentre at 210 E. Trade St. is set to open in late August, according to developer McKibbon Hospitality, though an exact date was not disclosed. The hotels were originally estimated to be complete in late 2017 before the expected completion changed to February of this year, which then got pushed back to this spring.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/14/following-unexpected-issues-and-delays-developer.html     Subscriber article 

I never get to Epicenter anymore, but wow, I really had it in my mind that it was already open.   

We can also have a moment of silence for all those 'sold out in one day' buyers of 210 Trade that lost their bubble deposits.  

• Haha 1

Do hotels (or any residential highrise) use different glass/insulation than say an office tower?  Just wondering if there is some kind of different sound-dampening glass or materials these projects use or don't use.  From reviews of CLT hotels, specifically, ones near the Epicentre, that tends to be the number one gripe...the loud music/bands.  Aloft, Omni, even the Ritz has had negative reviews about the sound...and, of course, the new AC and Residence are right in the middle of it.  Personally, I don't mind all the city noises downtown hotels may experience but was just curious if the builders are conscious of the surroundings (loud noise areas) and change materials to help negate it.  I feel like any high-rise residential or hotel structure should use the best soundproofing material regardless of location though.

• Like 2

^^^ Quick answer is yes you can use soundproofing glass but did this hotel do it who knows?  I stay right at the Hong Kong airport every trip and because of their soundproofing never even hear plane.  This is common on hotels by airports but concert noise not sure they would do it since it is not every day or every night and really is kinda of seasonal.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

They were working late into the night on Friday. I stood over a balcony and saw workers hosing off plants or bricks or both. 

I noticed the former Kure (I believe it was Revolve clothing or something to that effect as well) now has frosted windows and looks unusable. Not that it was a great location, but does anyone know if this has been absorbed into the hotel and is out of commission for other retail uses?

It would have been nice as at least a hotel gift shop accessible from inside and out instead of just a blank space.

These hotels the AC by Marriott and Residence Inn dual brand at the Epicenter look really nice.  What a great view from the Residence Inn breakfast area.  Check out the 35 photos in this article.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/28/photos-dual-branded-hotel-joins-charlotte-s.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-08-28&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1535487129&j=83525061

• Like 2

On 7/1/2018 at 1:21 PM, Cadi40 said:

Staying in Nashville for a night on my way to the Mid West, A little underwhelmed by the density, development and buildings. But my favorite building by far is the new JW Marriot, Really hope we get a Hotel to turn out like this. 

CC41E8CF-9B69-416A-964E-6E2A21E7DA37.jpeg

I was in Nashville this weekend, not impressed either. Really surprised they don't have any type of light rail or subway. 

58 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

These hotels the AC by Marriott and Residence Inn dual brand at the Epicenter look really nice.  What a great view from the Residence Inn breakfast area.  Check out the 35 photos in this article.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/28/photos-dual-branded-hotel-joins-charlotte-s.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-08-28&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1535487129&j=83525061

Love this new roof top view. I'm sure a million other people will as well. Great hotel project. Finishes look good.

• Like 4