New Hotels in/around Uptown

cltbwimob

36 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

that is the one I was thinking of.  as the Intercontinental hotel really has not started just the Carolina Theater renovation and new build around it.  

The construction fence around the Carolina Theater has banners with the Intercontinental on it. Does that mean it is back on? Not sure if that's always been there or put up more recently.

Like DMann said the banner has been there for a long time, but the letters on the construction office door (across Tryon from the project) has had the "Intercontinental Hotel" lettering removed.

This was the tower I was most looking forward to seeing built.  I do hope this project comes back to life, but I could see an Intercontinental as part of the LU project possibly if they still have an interest in CLT in the future.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JeanClt said:

So… I’m guessing you would say the same for a mural? The wall is definitely an art piece in my book is why I ask.

No! But that's why its a guess. I love murals, the installation piece just looks cheesy to me. And it just doesn't go with that building at all. It should have been a sleek covering. Too much going on. It looks like it belongs on the side of "Discovery Place." 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1