New Hotels in/around Uptown

cltbwimob

43 minutes ago, RANYC said:

That stretch and streetscape are incredibly sleepy.  Now if only the freakin library and 7th and Tryon construction could get going.

Geez... I remember in the late 90's-early 2000's when that area was the only thing happening Uptown. Cosmos Cafe, Mythos, Bar Charlotte.... From the bit of research I just did all of these establishments closed around 2015. 

Screenshot_20230126_165436.jpg

• Like 4

Interesting news about the holiday inn. I will say this though. They had probably the best kept rooftop secret in uptown for guests. Rooftop pool and jacuzzi and event space I think. Needed a renovation but pretty nice up there that most ppl probably didn’t realize was up there as an amenity.
Blue was a nice restaurant underneath the at the time heart tower. Not sure why restaurants can’t stay open there recently though. It’s a nice spot. That Mexican joint didn’t last long. Wonder what could fit there? 

• Like 2

My friend just stayed there for a Wake Forest event and the rooms looked really nice especially for a Holiday Inn.  Doubletree will probably keep their location over at Gateway as Hilton hotels are light in numbers compared to Marriott family which dominates uptown.  That rooftop pool and event space is nice I have been up there many times.   Doubletree is more business focus brand for Hilton like a Courtyard but a step above a Hampton.    

Boy do I love those cookies but I think they should give out more than 1 per guest LOL. 

https://stories.hilton.com/food-beverage/static-doubletree-reveals-cookie-recipe

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

My friend just stayed there for a Wake Forest event and the rooms looked really nice especially for a Holiday Inn.  Doubletree will probably keep their location over at Gateway as Hilton hotels are light in numbers compared to Marriott family which dominates uptown.  That rooftop pool and event space is nice I have been up there many times.   Doubletree is more business focus brand for Hilton like a Courtyard but a step above a Hampton.    

Boy do I love those cookies but I think they should give out more than 1 per guest LOL. 

https://stories.hilton.com/food-beverage/static-doubletree-reveals-cookie-recipe

I saw that when it first was published at the beginning of Covid.  I’ve made them a few times and they do NOT disappoint!  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Take2 said:

Geez... I remember in the late 90's-early 2000's when that area was the only thing happening Uptown. Cosmos Cafe, Mythos, Bar Charlotte.... From the bit of research I just did all of these establishments closed around 2015. 

Screenshot_20230126_165436.jpg

The amount of Khakis def looks like nearly 25 years ago LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

At about the time of the photograph I went one evening to the Library. I parked on that stretch of College. Sign said no parking 7-5 and it was 7 ish pm. I returned to find a parking ticket. I looked more closely at the sign and it was no parking 7 PM to 5 AM. Parking for other businesses with daytime hours permitted. For those with night hours, prohibited. 25$ lesson.

Should have been a stroll district then, but no. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Interesting news about the holiday inn. I will say this though. They had probably the best kept rooftop secret in uptown for guests. Rooftop pool and jacuzzi and event space I think. Needed a renovation but pretty nice up there that most ppl probably didn’t realize was up there as an amenity.
Blue was a nice restaurant underneath the at the time heart tower. Not sure why restaurants can’t stay open there recently though. It’s a nice spot. That Mexican joint didn’t last long. Wonder what could fit there? 

They filled in the pool last summer and made it a larger event space.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...