New Hotels in/around Uptown

cltbwimob

30 minutes ago, queensguy06 said:

I've been reading up on Tru - the two main things to take away are that "millennial" is the key word here, and that it is a low cost brand.  Room rates are said to be between $75 and $95 a night, if I remember correctly. 

It looks like, what are older people called... Baby Boomers? Looks like some boomers designed this for millennials.

• Like 1

It is a mid-range / economy brand. The materials and quality go with the price point. It will probably be a huge success just due to the fact so many hotel stays are in that segment. Millennials will probably prefer this for $75 compared to the Fairfield Inn and Comfort Inn brands at this price point.

Edited by CLT2014

11 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

It looks like, what are older people called... Baby Boomers? Looks like some boomers designed this for millennials.

Yeah I was about to say, this is clearly a brand that has been focus grouped death and now appeals to no one old enough to book a hotel room. Its simultaneously incredibly mundane and looks like its trying SO hard. 

It would go a long way to improve the look to drop all the ridiculous words in the lobby. Hilton's done the "word" thing in the breakfast area of the Home2Suites brand, but this is just ridiculous. The quality will be cheap and this brand will be competing with the LaQuinta's, Motel 6's, Wingates, etc.. of the world. Once these are 5 year old properties, expect big discounts because they will be so worn out. I bet we see them concentrated near airports where people just want a place to crash for the night for less than $80 bucks. If they get urban properties and position the rate at $100 or less per night for a clean place to stay, these will be full no matter how ridiculous the brand looks.

Hilton is looking at AirBnb and a room going for $50 and hoping young travelers will take the leap to this brand for $75 with breakfast included and the privacy of their own room. By being associated with Hilton and being "new", this brand will probably have more success against AirBnb than LaQuinta, Comfort Inn, Fairfield, Motel 6, Red Roof, etc...which are usually tired, old, and run down properties.

Edited by CLT2014

1 minute ago, tarhoosier said:

To my millennial friends here does this look like the dream room at your parents' house, which is what it looks to me?

haha. Yea, sorta, it does. Am I considered a Millennial though?

2 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

To my millennial friends here does this look like the dream room at your parents' house, which is what it looks to me?

By definition the oldest "millennials" are 38. The youngest are 22. I feel like this label has been misused as of late, usually referring to today's teens. Technically at 30 I am squarely in the Millennial generation but to me this looks like this appeals more to 15-20 year olds at most. 

• Like 1

We need places for when we go into town to bar hop, get drunk, and sleep somewhere affordable since we will just pass out anyway. Besides,  the Day's Inn is history and was good for the aforementioned. Age isn't a factor. However, these places shouldn't be in the center of town but down Trade St. towards Johnson Wales.

Edited by caterpillar2

This is a fantastic option and will easily compete against a Hampton Inn which is known for having the retiree crowd. Every Hampton Inn I've stayed in seemed as if the rooms were full because everyone was going to a funeral.

The price point is perfect because most millennials live in cities and don't have too much extra space in their studio apartments to sleep guests. Being a weekend warrior is fun if you can catch the right flights and cheap hotel room. 200/night adds up quickly when you can double your nights away for half the price. Hilton is catching on to the fact that younger people don't actually spend any time in their hotel rooms.

Please build quickly. I'm ready to burn through 2.5 million points. 

I look forward to the day when everything isn't done because one specific generation demands it, but rather the majority demand it. There are plenty of us that are not millennials that have similar tastes. Most people I know in their 40s rarely spend that much time in their hotel rooms and would rather sit on a couch or bed instead of a desk when using a laptop or other mobile device.

16 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Wow. Ooh. Bam. 

You beat me to it, drat!

I wanted to post the kewl words!

15 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I would never have designed BamOohWow for anyone, thank you very much! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ScottCLT said:

If you want a good laugh, just go to the website and play the video on the front page: http://trubyhilton.com/.

It's just horrible.

Oh man, I got 40 seconds in and couldn't take any more. They actually spent some money on this and the website too; its competently done, just a horrible, horrible approach. I feel like if I go to one of these hotels the front desk is going to be wearing flair on their shirts and start singing like its Cold Stone Creamery.  

Just now, nonillogical said:

Oh man, I got 40 seconds in and couldn't take any more. They actually spent some money on this and the website too; its competently done, just a horrible, horrible approach. I feel like if I go to one of these hotels the front desk is going to be wearing flair on their shirts and start singing like its Cold Stone Creamery.  

Millennials aren't 3 year olds at a Yo Gabba Gabba Concert. I love the concept of this hotel, being a simple, cheap, modern hotel, but they are missing the mark with the millennials, badly.

429771964_1280x720.jpg

“We’re breaking through the clutter of undistinguished offerings to capture the hearts of today’s travelers and anticipating the needs of tomorrow’s guests, while delivering a hotel that’s a place travelers will want to go to rather than just through.”

Executive Vice President, Hilton Global Brands - Jim Holthouser

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLT2014 said:

429771964_1280x720.jpg

“We’re breaking through the clutter of undistinguished offerings to capture the hearts of today’s travelers and anticipating the needs of tomorrow’s guests, while delivering a hotel that’s a place travelers will want to go to rather than just through.”

Executive Vice President, Hilton Global Brands - Jim Holthouser

Looks like his only experience with Millennials is in the websites he visits when his wife is in the other room.