New Hotels in/around Uptown

cltbwimob

Prohibit gay marriage: struck by Supreme Court. Never rescinded by legislature. Magistrates opt-out for "religious" reasons (SB2): before courts currently. Rescission by legislature impossible to imagine. HB2: Case against has been filed in court. Legislative leaders see no reason to revisit the law.

Those who may recall "Seinfeld" would say this is a situation of "No learning! No! No learning!"

10 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we will lose the All Star game unless the courts quickly strike down HB2.  Given the obstinate group of legislators we have, I doubt that HB2 will ever be overturned unless the courts overturn it.

Veering back on topic, is there any word on what hotels are actually going to be at a) the theater site in Uptown , and b) Tryon Place?  Also, is there any word that can be shared on the fate of the proposed Indigo uptown?

Theatre Site. I still think this will be an intercontinental. I haven't gotten official confirmation, however.

Tryon Place, no clue.

I am 90% sure Indigo is going elsewhere on Tryon than Tryon Plaza, must to Toz's satisfaction. Not sure the info is public, so can't share any more info.

19 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Prohibit gay marriage: struck by Supreme Court. Never rescinded by legislature. Magistrates opt-out for "religious" reasons (SB2): before courts currently. Rescission by legislature impossible to imagine. HB2: Case against has been filed in court. Legislative leaders see no reason to revisit the law.

Those who may recall "Seinfeld" would say this is a situation of "No learning! No! No learning!"

HB2 is discussed on the "Bad News" thread as well as the Charlotte Coffee House. This thread concerns "ne hotels."

Edited by caterpillar2

do you guys care about the progress of this stuff?  there are a couple of us who post updates, but they never really get responses.  the updates bring the thread new life, but then the following comment is about something unrelated.  it's not worth my time unless it brings something positive to the forum that's appreciated.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

do you guys care about the progress of this stuff?  there are a couple of us who post updates, but they never really get responses.  the updates bring the thread new life, but then the following comment is about something unrelated.  it's not worth my time unless it brings something positive to the forum that's appreciated.

I, as someone who lives in Brooklyn, greatly appreciate the updates. I'm in Charlotte maybe 4 times a year max. Thank you guys for contributing!

41 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

I love updates and I generally don't post responses to them because I don't feel it contributes to anything. Though I always hit like on them if I'm signed in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alb1no panther said:

I should also mention the discussion after had to do with how slow they were moving, based on the pictures provided by AlbinoPanther

11 hours ago, alb1no panther said:

I echo what @ricky_davis_fan_21 said. I don't get to Charlotte as often as I'd like and I love seeing progress. 

• Like 1

I love the photos! We need more in fact. I don't respond because there is no need to clutter the board with, "great photo" I click like instead. but I enjoy the photos from everyone. Plus I live in Raleigh.

12 hours ago, alb1no panther said:

• Like 4

I will also note that i appreciate the pictures and updates that everyone provides.  I'm more of a lurker on here than a contributor because by the time i read something and want to respond, someone else has already said what i was wanting to say.  Thanks again for all the updates, keep them coming.  

As for your question about the area where material is being stored, I'm not positive but i don't think that space will be used for anything.  I will dig around and see if i can find any plans that might show otherwise. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

I will also note that i appreciate the pictures and updates that everyone provides.  I'm more of a lurker on here than a contributor because by the time i read something and want to respond, someone else has already said what i was wanting to say.  Thanks again for all the updates, keep them coming.  

As for your question about the area where material is being stored, I'm not positive but i don't think that space will be used for anything.  I will dig around and see if i can find any plans that might show otherwise. 

Sadly I've poured over the plans, and at the time, there doesn't seem to be a plan for it. Which is sad because the original plan was gorgeous. :-( :-( :-( Sigh. What coulda been.

1.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

5.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:56 AM, tarhoosier said:

And this has what to do with new hotels around uptown?

1 minute ago, Piedmont767 said:

You have already commented on that post move on. 

You are the one who brought it up again. 

If you would care  to do your homework before trying to insult me, you would see that I am simply reminding Tarhoosier that this thread is abut "New hotels around :Charlotte."  I did the same on Wednesday. You obviously didn't read what I wrote. He brought up "gay marriages" on this thread. I believe I am not deviating from board rules giving this reminder to him.

1 hour ago, caterpillar2 said:

If you would care  to do your homework before trying to insult me, you would see that I am simply reminding Tarhoosier that this thread is abut "New hotels around :Charlotte."  I did the same on Wednesday. You obviously didn't read what I wrote. He brought up "gay marriages" on this thread. I believe I am not deviating from board rules giving this reminder to him.

Ok, but you already "reminded" everyone what this thread was "abut" (don't you mean about?) when you commented on the exact same post back on Wednesday. And since then not a single person has mentioned gay marriages on this thread. All your second reminder did was bring it back into the fold again. It really seems like your the one that wants to derail the conversation. Hell, I'm commenting about gay marriages just to tell you to stop commenting about gay marriages.

There, my homework is done. Care to grade it?

Edited by go_vertical
  • Like 3