New Hotels in/around Uptown

cltbwimob

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:50 AM, TheOneRJ said:

West Elm has (had?) plans for a  hotel in South End, and Hotel Indigo is (was?) planned on eight floors in Tryon Plaza. Not sure if these fell through or just haven't gotten started.

was. as an employee in Tryon Plaza, I can tell you with certainty that deal was killed a good while back. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

was. as an employee in Tryon Plaza, I can tell you with certainty that deal was killed a good while back. 

Ton of Office condos at Tryon Plaza just hit the market. 

54 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Shame, Tryon Plaza would be a nice fit for a Hotel Indigo style hotel... Wonder if the Grand Bohemian played a role in this getting cancelled.

I don't think so. Theres still two more boutiques left in the works, one at 401 S. Graham (oops, did I say that), and one in the Hall House. Hall House would be good fit for either Hotel Indigo or 21c. I hope for 21c because Hall House is our only shot to get one ever.

4 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

I am not going to ask you to divulge too many details, but from what you have heard/seen  is it a quality (materials, appropriate scale for the lot) project?

No clue. Theres been 4 proposals there over the years. Most have been around 25-33 floors. The latest one has hotel topped with residential, from what i understand.

Then, 400 S Graham,  not 401, unless replacing the stadium parking deck. 

There is a empty parcel that the stadium parking deck surrounds. That’s 401 South Graham, and that will be a new tower. Though I’m getting word that it might be all residential now. So doesn’t belong in here anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a perfect fit for Charlotte would be a W Hotel. They are nice and I could definitely see it getting some good business, The last thing we need is more economy hotels like Hampton Inn, We have so many of them. Also anyone know if this Hotel boom is ending anytime soon? It would be nice if we reached enough hotel rooms to be eligible to host large events such as the Olympics or Super Bowl. 

Edited by Cadi40
  • Like 1

I think a perfect fit for Charlotte would be a W Hotel. They are nice and I could definitely see it getting some good business, The last thing we need is more economy hotels like Hampton Inn, We have so many of them. Also anyone know if this Hotel boom is ending anytime soon? It would be nice if we reached enough hotel rooms to be eligible to host large events such as the Olympics or Super Bowl. 

There’s some hotels in the pipeline. I️ don’t think olympics I️ something Charlotte should ever strive for. A robust and successful convention business yes please

12 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

There’s some hotels in the pipeline. I️ don’t think olympics I️ something Charlotte should ever strive for. A robust and successful convention business yes please

I  wish our convention center was around something neat or “cooler.”

too bad we didn’t subsidize an aquarium instead of the HOF. Off topic, but I think the Carolinas could support a Charlotte aquarium, alongside ATL’s. Our convention center area is just so dull

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I  wish our convention center was around something neat or “cooler.”

too bad we didn’t subsidize an aquarium instead of the HOF. Off topic, but I think the Carolinas could support a Charlotte aquarium, alongside ATL’s. Our convention center area is just so dull

I know I’ve been Debbie downer with all the Atlanta comparisons lately but I’ll say it anyway.  They got Coca Cola, The Aquarium, CNN, and the College Football Hall of Fame (which they stole from South Bend, IN). 

We got Ricky Bobby.  

On 11/4/2017 at 12:17 PM, kickazzz2000 said:

I know I’ve been Debbie downer with all the Atlanta comparisons lately but I’ll say it anyway.  They got Coca Cola, The Aquarium, CNN, and the College Football Hall of Fame (which they stole from South Bend, IN). 

and before South Bend had it, my home town of Kings Mills, OH just outside of Cincinnatti had it for a few years. It was located directly across the street from my High School.

Gotta say, the Kimpton is in sweet spot in Charlotte.  You are right in the middle of it all (for the time being).

The hotel itself is well built. They still have a few "punch list" items that they need to address, but this was a "soft" opening weekend... that's what soft openings are for.

The staff was friendly and helpful! And they do have 2 bikes available for guests to take around town - maybe next time I'll get a chance to take one out for a spin.

They hosted their "wine hour" with hors d'oeuvres in the lobby and the only concern, lobby is a little small, although it did not feel crowded.

• Like 2

Saw a couple of possibilities for our new convention hotel in Charlotte.  These designs are all from Macau.  the one with the double Ferris wheels is 1400 rooms and cost $2 Billion US to build could be a tourist attraction into itself.  Maybe out of our price range but size is good. (Just trying to think outside the box for our next big hotel)  Good Tuesday morning to you and we do have to start planning for our big convention hotel everyone in the city govt is starting to talk about.  

IMG_2905.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2910.JPG

• Thanks 1