New Hotels in/around Uptown

cltbwimob

Area mapping that place sits on 32 acres and 1400 rooms as you mentioned.  Granted they have other amenities but we'd need our Stargate to be way taller to fit on a smaller parcel.  Cool concept, I need to make it to Macau next time I'm out there.

Hopefully you had some soup dumplings at the Din Tai Fung that I saw was in the hotel.  Chain or not that place is always nice :)

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on 1000+ Hotel? I think a JW Marriot Would be absolutely lovely and realistic. 

No update. There’s currently money earmarked toward Westin that’s paid out yearly by the city. This expires next year.

Convention Hotels of this magnitude generally are 1/3 equity, 1/3 privately financed and 1/3 publically subsidized. With at least a price tag of $300M this won’t be happening without the city being okay with ponying up $100M. The city ponied up a ton less for the Westin.

Also, if there’s an update, someone will create a thread separately for this topic. Don’t worry, if someone CAN say something, they’ll say something. No need for follow ups.

Other than Johno’s unsubstantiated words at a golf tournament and a urban planning conference and the CRVAs publicly noted desires to land a convention hotel, I’m not sure any concrete progress has been made luring a 1000 room hotel. I’m sure there are plenty of developers and hoteliers that would like to be uptown, but frankly it will probably come down to the taxpayers in a city full of people that hate to publicly subsidize things.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Good find means the city wants to start marketing it for a convention hotel site as the site is leased to Duke Energy. 

99.9% sure this lot is owned entirely by Duke Energy and not just leased to them by the City of Charlotte. Polaris may still be down but Meck Co shared a link to a different property search website and I found this.

I looked this up in the past and the parcel of land was purchased from the bank that is now BofA.

401 S College Snip.PNG

• 5 weeks later...

Not too much news in this article other than Charlotte is behind in luxury hotel rooms compared to Atlanta, Nashville etc.  I didn't know about this unknown luxury hotel proposed by Mayfair St Partners or even where that is proposed.  anyone know?  https://www.bisnow.com/charlotte/news/hotel/why-are-so-many-luxury-hotels-coming-to-the-queen-city-82744?be=kj%40charlottehomes.com&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mon-08-jan-2018-000000-0500_charlotte-re

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Not too much news in this article other than Charlotte is behind in luxury hotel rooms compared to Atlanta, Nashville etc.  I didn't know about this unknown luxury hotel proposed by Mayfair St Partners or even where that is proposed.  anyone know?  https://www.bisnow.com/charlotte/news/hotel/why-are-so-many-luxury-hotels-coming-to-the-queen-city-82744?be=kj%40charlottehomes.com&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mon-08-jan-2018-000000-0500_charlotte-re

wow, what crapty reporting. The Mayfair hotel is an Even Hotel, and its Stonewal Station Hotel #2 and theres even approved elevations for it out there. Ignore the colors they are just to explain orientation.

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 2.31.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 2.31.06 PM.png

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...