PROPOSED: North Downtown/Baseball Stadium Development

Yeah, i bet its weird for kids to have a change.. but luckily kids are more flexable than us. 

I mean when you guys see the goat and not the cat.. and the colors change or whatever... you will adapt.  the product on the field does not change one bit, just the packaging.

Also.. I think you might have new uniforms this year anyways right?  being that they are no longer Twins and now are Rockies?

just a thought

Im still thinking about that 300 apartments number and then thought about the parking mentioned in that article..  those numbers seem to have gone up also.  Ill really be interested to see whats exactly built here because I COULD see an optomistic companny adding both parking and housing... I mean the parking is smart money simply with the ballpark, retail and seemingly a refurbished XL center..   Im be very impressed of these are not optimistic rounding

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah thats great stuff.  for the city, that area, and the concept of the Near North development  and of course the cities vision and the family that owns it and have likely just been paying taxes after they spent 1.5 mill on the building

its slated to be 8 stories tall and have I think 82 rooms.

didnt we have a whole topic dedicated to that at one time?

I couldnt find it when I looked last night

• 1 month later...

It likely wont.

the development nup there is pretty Amazing, but Hooker is just one brewery and they have different needs from what the developers have.  its a tough match

lets look at it this way... Hooker wanted to build their own building and if you look at places like 2 roads and Stonycreek, its easy to understand why

to shoe horn their vision into this project is tough because you now have restrictions that they wouldnt have on their own

Hooker is interested in Hartford, but the word on the satreet is that they are working with the soccer team and its developers also because they are more flexable

Cameron said he is scheduled to meet with Centerplan next week to continue deal negotiations.

Cameron said he has also been looking at other Hartford properties, just in case.

This could be to get leverage.  But it's impossible to negotiate if you are not willing to walk away.

Dunkin  Donuts Park

It should also be noted that they are splitting that first residential phase  Lot E

http://touch.courant.com/#section/2282/article/p2p-83736576/

I dont like this, but its not like they are scaling back the whole project.  they are also building a building that has 172 units, which is quite large by downtown hartford standards. 

the reasoning was to avoid flooding the market.. sounds like hedging but whatever. 

those 172 units will be completed in something like 18 months to 2 years, by then Id certain everything under development right now would be leased up for the most part.  it would theoretically be up against the Northland proposal, and maybe AI if that ever happens

Edited by The Voice of Reason

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the city last week end. Took this shot from my hotel room.  The north side already looks better. Just the construction is a huge improvement over the empty lots. My gut tells me this ball park will be a big success. I also stopped by Front Street on Friday night and the place was full of people. The apartments there are virtually finished. You could see (through a big hole in the back wall) that UConn has already stripped the Times Building down to its bones.

July31.jpg

yeah, the yardgoats FB page often shows progress pics from the top of the Raddison.  

I love seeing this progress and am really interested in watching the progress.   thinking of maybe a month from now it SHOULD mostly look like a diamond, because I suspect they might even plant grass this fall

• 2 months later...

Centerplan addressed the lack of construction on the first parcel after the ballpark.  They were supposed to Start this month, but have now deferred to spring (I dont like this but I get it, the schedule is too tight for the ballpark, so they needed to focus resources)

in that announcement they also now are adding a Hotel... YAY.... but they are eliminating apartments... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO    to me, this is a net loss and it vexes me.   total crap here.

Id think that with leases coming ahead of plan for ALL of the new apartments in Hartford, the developer would NOT scale anything back and might even increase the number of residential units.

http://www.courant.com/community/hartford/hc-hartford-downtown-north-hotel-1024-20151023-story.html

this piece says  "Robert Landino, chief executive of the developer, Centerplan Cos., said the number of rentals would be reduced by about 150 apartments to about 180"

a link from HBJ says the residential is unchanged though... 

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/article/20151023/NEWS01/151029948

I heard about the delay in starting the next phase but not the elimination of apartments. That would be a surprise. I think that location has virtually no competition and with a grocery store as part of the complex would fill up fast. The ball park itself is looking pretty good at this stage.

12047012_444131062441342_6923550694514129830_n.jpg

Edited by beerbeer

BB, its basically replacing 150 apartments with a hotel that im guessing would be between 150 and 200 rooms.

there will still be "about 180" apartments in this first building.    Also, the total development is still at around 800 apartments even with the reduction, so its not the end f the world, but whatever.   At least its more likely to support its own resturant/bar

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...