420 Church St. | 9-Story Residential

Cleaver5

Got a chance to do a walkthrough on Artisan 420.  I am by no means a construction expert, but I have to say this thing seems like it is really being well built.  It is rock solid from what I could see.  Concrete everywhere, even in the bowels of the structure.  The pool deck sounds like it is going to be incredible.  Also, it sounds like they are getting some good activity regarding pre-leasing of the ground level retail, with a mix of both local establishments as well some national brands expressing interest.

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

• Like 2

Phase 2?

That means the next full block just east which will have a 12-story big brother at 520 Church, and then there is phase 2.5, which is what's left of the block south of the 520 (e.g., wrapping around The Jackson), which will be a 10-story half brother of the 420 and 520, both to start in 2016. All three will have the same look.

That means the next full block just east which will have a 12-story big brother at 520 Church, and then there is phase 2.5, which is what's left of the block south of the 520 (e.g., wrapping around The Jackson), which will be a 10-story half brother of the 420 and 520, both to start in 2016. All three will have the same look.

Thanks. going to take a look at 2.5 proposed lot. Get an idea of what to expect. I love , even though these aren't high rises, what they will do for that area.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess size-wise it fits, but I'll withold judgment until after the exterior starts going on. If it looks like the renderings, I think it will be a little too cold & sterile looking for that area.

I think all of those grey & white buildings going in around there could have been made to look a little less modernist & a bit more traditional to fit into the character of the neighborhood.

I guess size-wise it fits, but I'll withold judgment until after the exterior starts going on. If it looks like the renderings, I think it will be a little too cold & sterile looking for that area.

I think all of those grey & white buildings going in around there could have been made to look a little less modernist & a bit more traditional to fit into the character of the neighborhood.

Character of the neighborhood. Everything is virtually brand new west of Summerlin. 

They are saying delivery of retail to tenants in Oct.

Not sure if anyone who isn't a loopnet member can see this but its pretty interesting to see the plans. $30 a foot plus NNN, all pretty large so meant to be restaurants. Will be interested to see the ease in leasing being even more on an island while the Sanctuary is trying to move their space for $23 a foot.

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/280D6C7F-FFF1-4E88-BBDD-0628214152C5.pdf

Character of the neighborhood. Everything is virtually brand new west of Summerlin. 

Not really.

I lived in that neighborhood for years. There are still (and I hope many of them stay) a few of the old two story houses & old oaks left to give the area a traditional feel. 

If a bunch of large buildings are going to go in there no matter what, I just wish they'd try to design them a bit less cold & stark looking than 420.

The Paramount is a nice example of the kind of design that is more befitting of that area.

IMO, anyway.

Not really.

I lived in that neighborhood for years. There are still (and I hope many of them stay) a few of the old two story houses & old oaks left to give the area a traditional feel. 

If a bunch of large buildings are going to go in there no matter what, I just wish they'd try to design them a bit less cold & stark looking than 420.

The Paramount is a nice example of the kind of design that is more befitting of that area.

IMO, anyway.

Agreed that Paramount is a much warmer design than this one - but this doesn't bother me terribly.  I want to see this thing finished before I pass final judgement.

Of note, popsiclebrandon's link does clarify 100% on the second page that the lots for Artisan phase II & III are indeed the original two lots for whatever that project was that was to surround The Jackson circa the late-2000s?  I know it was a question on here a while back, not sure if it was ever clarified.  

6vlOvH.jpg

Edited by uncreativeusername
  • Like 2

That was Eola Place. 

They are saying delivery of retail to tenants in Oct.

Not sure if anyone who isn't a loopnet member can see this but its pretty interesting to see the plans. $30 a foot plus NNN, all pretty large so meant to be restaurants. Will be interested to see the ease in leasing being even more on an island while the Sanctuary is trying to move their space for $23 a foot.

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/280D6C7F-FFF1-4E88-BBDD-0628214152C5.pdf

They are asking $30 but will probably deliver closer to $25. They may give tons of TI to make up for the rate. 

I still think the location stinks for retail. 

That is great to see officially that Phase III will take up the lot in front of the Jackson...really hoping that happens. That will wrap up every ugly dirt lot in South Eola except for the Citi Tower lot which is in limbo now.

That was Eola Place. 

They are asking $30 but will probably deliver closer to $25. They may give tons of TI to make up for the rate. 

I still think the location stinks for retail. 

Yeah no way they get $30. Not sure what the CAM fee will  be but might need to be closer to $20 than $25 even with that on top to make this work for someone.

Unfortunately there is always someone desperate to open a restaurant they shouldn't.