420 Church St. | 9-Story Residential

Cleaver5

According to this article in the Sentinal, it looks like work is going to start on 420 Church Street next week. I figure I'd start a new thread for it. I live close by so I'll check in with pictures, but I'm excited about this one. I live in the South Eola neighborhood and I've been a little jealous of all of the action in other parts of town:

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/1229/article/p2p-80388317/

Some more info I found on this...  The area has been pretty lively in terms of people "out and about" - looking forward to packing in a little more density and hopefully some more options for retail/dining.  290+ units is nothing to shake a stick at for what now is a large vacant block....  I wonder why all the growth has been around colonial lately when all these empty or underdeveloped blocks remain in TP/Eola South?

http://bungalower.com/2013/09/new-apartment-building-coming-to-downtown/

Some more info I found on this...  The area has been pretty lively in terms of people "out and about" - looking forward to packing in a little more density and hopefully some more options for retail/dining.  290+ units is nothing to shake a stick at for what now is a large vacant block....  I wonder why all the growth has been around colonial lately when all these empty or underdeveloped blocks remain in TP/Eola South?

http://bungalower.com/2013/09/new-apartment-building-coming-to-downtown/

Thanks for linking to us :) 

Something to consider is a lot of those lots were purchased by investors/developers looking to build large condos. The market has shifted to apartments. This is a different model for a lot of them. I'm putting together a map of all the current projects and I think the biggest shift is that they are all mostly small to mid-size developments. Personally I think that's best...the smaller it is, the more likely it is to actually get off the ground.

Something to consider is a lot of those lots were purchased by investors/developers looking to build large condos. The market has shifted to apartments. This is a different model for a lot of them. I'm putting together a map of all the current projects and I think the biggest shift is that they are all mostly small to mid-size developments. Personally I think that's best...the smaller it is, the more likely it is to actually get off the ground.

And the owners in that neighborhood are still asking for astronomical prices for their land. 

Isn't this lot the empty lot just north of Star Tower?  I think it IS one of those empty lots, and from the plans it does indeed look like it will take up the entire block...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/420+E+Church+St/@28.5400531,-81.3714734,499m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88e77ae2c73cb5ff:0xe24cb760974c6776

Edited by corpkid

And when the market changes, they'll convert into condos much like MANY other apartment complexes did during the last boom...  :)

Isn't this lot the empty lot just north of Star Tower?  I think it IS one of those empty lots, and from the plans it does indeed look like it will take up the entire block...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/420+E+Church+St/@28.5400531,-81.3714734,499m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88e77ae2c73cb5ff:0xe24cb760974c6776

it's the block to the east that's completely barren.  that's where I think Eola Place was going to be built.  Well, as they say, you can't make an omelette...

it's the block to the east that's completely barren.  that's where I think Eola Place was going to be built.  Well, as they say, you can't make an omelette...

Ah, just North of The Jackson...  (otherwise known as the S. Eola valet overflow lot).  :)

exactly.  I know land is land and its unique.  but they are going to tear down all of those oaks and place a building there and that other block will still be there---barren.  I can't believe the City didn't mandate that the owner of the block plant oaks along the edge.  If they would have done that back in 2007 those oaks would be huge by now.  And Dyer calls himself a Dem.

I really am enjoying this site the more I read.  When did you start this?  It's very well done.

Thanks. We'll be hitting our one year mark in July. It's been a lot of fun.

Help support us by signing up for our membership...Bungalower.com/membership

For Urban Planet folks use coupon code FREEMONTH for your first month free :)

If you look at the drawings, it's the ENTIRE lot...  street to street on all four sides....  Also, it is totally the block to the North of Star Tower...  See below:

420-First-Floor.png

I believe that all of the oaks will be removed, even the ones that are located in the right-of-way (street side of the sidewalk).  I've walked by and looked at it and even the right-of-way oaks have most limbs interfering with the building so I don't think there was any easy way to save them unfortunately.

I believe that all of the oaks will be removed, even the ones that are located in the right-of-way (street side of the sidewalk).  I've walked by and looked at it and even the right-of-way oaks have most limbs interfering with the building so I don't think there was any easy way to save them unfortunately.

That sucks. And you know the "trees" that the cheese-bag developer replaces them with will be some scrawny little crap trees that never grow into anything.

Shame.

That sucks. And you know the "trees" that the cheese-bag developer replaces them with will be some scrawny little crap trees that never grow into anything.

Shame.

Hey my tree in front of my 1 S. Eola unit (planted in 2004) is now getting quite large.  They actually had to trim it back a few weeks ago.  :)