420 Church St. | 9-Story Residential

Cleaver5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It seems so odd to me seeing those quaint brick streets lined with highrises. I know very well that the streets are historic, but I will say that I'm not against any decision to repave in South Eola. Eola Heights or Thornton Park are different stories, however.

As has been discussed here recently, brick streets are (a big) part of what makes up the identity of Orlando. Why pave over what makes South Eola desirable?

As an anecdote, New York's Meat Packing district is lined with cobblestone streets, as is DUMBO and Williamsburg. All have their share of high rises and the some of the priciest real estate on Earth.

Stranger things have happened... like when they paved over the large bricked portion of Park Ave that spills out onto 17-92. Those bricks were in much better condition than many of the streets d/t, and now they're all covered up in asphalt for a smoother ride. It seems like it basically comes down to whether the residents want the road bricked or not, and most people tend to favor their car struts over aesthetics...

• 3 weeks later...

This is a pretty massive building - same with The Sevens.  I noticed they were moving dirt around in the area north and west of The Jackson - that condo complex that sits bizarrely on an island of empty lots with a whole side that doesn't have windows (presumably b/c it was supposed to be one a several buildings there).  Anyone know anything about that?

• 2 months later...

Really considering relocating to this building once complete. I love the location.

Me too. My lease expires next summer. Do you know when they start leasing or any price information? The only thing that concerns me is there may be construction on two sides of the building by next year.

Me too. My lease expires next summer. Do you know when they start leasing or any price information? The only thing that concerns me is there may be construction on two sides of the building by next year.

From OBJ "The first units are expected to be completed in October 2015."

In my experience, these dates never hold. I'm assuming it'll be December or early 2016. Haven't seen anything on pricing yet.

Edited by Ocityst
  • Like 1