420 Church St. | 9-Story Residential

Cleaver5

Yeah when I was there they were asking $2600 or $2700/month for a 3BR with 1400sqft. By comparison, 55 West is anywhere from $2500 to $2900 depending on floor, has better views, and is 400SQFT bigger and has a 4th room which is a den.

So, my comparison at that time was pay the same amount in rent, lose 400 SQFT, lose a room, lose a 28th floor view. Not a HUGE leap, but definitely crossed over a threshold I couldn't justify.

Also it seems that 55 West is slowly improving. I have witnessed less shenanigans in recent months but it could be some seasonal migration of bros or something.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

That's why I was asking. The ARB meeting for this month was cancelled and the Downtown Board meeting notes aren't readily available online, they are always one behind. 

I sure hope the build quality is higher than 420's. I really like the location and the unit but keep running into issues with my unit and the amenities. It's upsetting, I don't want to move and likely won't next year but with Citi popping up a move may be in the cards in a year or two. 

59 minutes ago, bqknight said:

I sure hope the build quality is higher than 420's. I really like the location and the unit but keep running into issues with my unit and the amenities. It's upsetting, I don't want to move and likely won't next year but with Citi popping up a move may be in the cards in a year or two. 

Is it all the superficial stuff? When I went through there on a tour my gut told me the building itself was built fine but all the fixtures, etc., were cheap. 

4 minutes ago, castorvx said:

Is it all the superficial stuff? When I went through there on a tour my gut told me the building itself was built fine but all the fixtures, etc., were cheap. 

No - there is a leak in my window - and from some messages we have gotten it doesn't seem to be the only one. There is also what feels like to be a hole in my floor under the carpet. I can also hear what sounds like a dog running above me everyday, not constant but a couple times a day. 

2 minutes ago, bqknight said:

No - there is a leak in my window - and from some messages we have gotten it doesn't seem to be the only one. There is also what feels like to be a hole in my floor under the carpet. I can also hear what sounds like a dog running above me everyday, not constant but a couple times a day. 

Bummer. :(

If we could just pick up 55 West, shake it really hard so all the bros go flying out the windows, then plop it down in Eola South, it would be my favorite building in the city. Hard to find a big, well-built 3+ BR in downtown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Building permit was approved on Dec 30. You can look it up under BLD2015-09518

I'm seeing  BLD2016-04081 as the permit number for the full building plans.  It was approved only this week.  The 2015 permit was for foundation work only.  It was actually approved 12/30/15 I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, castorvx said:

If we could just pick up 55 West, shake it really hard so all the bros go flying out the windows, then plop it down in Eola South, it would be my favorite building in the city. Hard to find a big, well-built 3+ BR in downtown.

Fingers crossed for Citi to accomplish this. 

2 hours ago, castorvx said:

Don't forget to do something with the Conquistador hat too, as long as you're at it.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, gibby said:

I think the 520 building permit extension expires today.  I'm losing hope.

Hmmm...420 is almost completely leased out, granted it took a bit. They also demolished the 2 buildings that were on that site, not sure why they would otherwise. 

• 1 month later...