420 Church St. | 9-Story Residential

Cleaver5

Agreed that Paramount is a much warmer design than this one - but this doesn't bother me terribly.  I want to see this thing finished before I pass final judgement.

Of note, popsiclebrandon's link does clarify 100% on the second page that the lots for Artisan phase II & III are indeed the original two lots for whatever that project was that was to surround The Jackson circa the late-2000s?  I know it was a question on here a while back, not sure if it was ever clarified.  

6vlOvH.jpg

I noticed in the recent land purchases, that not only did this developer wrap up the remaining bits of the block with phase II (#7 above), they also purchased two small parcels on the block directly south of the U/C Artisan 420 (between the Star Tower #10 and Lutheran Tower #11. 

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

I was at an event last night that was curated by the folks from Snap!Space and they announced that they would be opening a second gallery in the ground floor of 420 Church Street. That gives me hope for the live/work units. 

Great news!  

Snap! has had a really impressive run at the Cameo over the last year and a half.  It's nice to see them expanding their footprint into the South Eola neighborhood.

Are art galleries really solid retail?  I'm not a fan of SUPER DUPER NICHE retail.  They seem to fade extremely quickly.

It's not retail, per se, but like prahaboheme said, they've really made an impact on Mills50. They regularly host high-quality events and bring in high-caliber exhibits. They definitely have the draw to bring a few hundred people to their gallery a few times per month, and will likely participate in Third Thursdays.

• 4 weeks later...

If you can't tell... it probably does neither.  You can't control the address of your building.  It's also fairly typical to stylize whatever number that is.  Unless they turned a leg of the 4 into a joint and made the 0 a smoke ring... I'm guessing this is just the number being made a bit fancy.

Except they can control the address. They have the entire 400-block to pick from.

Except they can control the address. They have the entire 400-block to pick from.

Exactly. Let's not be naive and pretend the name of the building was not an intentional double entendre designed to lure mid-twenty something lost boys to Buddy Dyer's Neverland of Sunday Fundays.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did this transformer 

5 minutes ago, gibby said:

They really FUBAR'd the sidewalk with their transformer placement on Mariposa.  The rest of the project turned out great but this is absurd.  Hard to imagine the city will let them get away with this.

IMG_20151206_110926.jpg

This transformer looks old. did it pre-date the sidewalk/building? My thought is that after power gets switched over to the new equipment, this will go.