Which Cities Have The Best Night-Time Skyline?

Which Cities Have The Best Night-Time Skyline?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cities Have The Best Night-Time Skyline?

• Dallas
    • Pittsburgh
    • Atlanta
    • Memphis
    • Nashville
    • New York
    • Houston
    • Miami
    • Chicago
    • San Fransisco
    • Minneapolis
    • Detroit
    • Las Vegas
    • Cleveland

My Vote Is For Atlanta - Please Dont argue my statement- It is a hometown thing

I have a picture of several cities at night

Dallas

dallas_night.jpg

Atlanta

Atlanta%20night.jpg

midtownnight.jpg

New York

nyisland.jpg

Memphis

187029241IIhWPD_ph.jpg

Detroit (very nice)

1103095420Detroit_River_at_Night.jpg

Chicago

night_skyline.gif

Minneapolis

01.jpg

Nashville

nashville.jpg

San Fransisco

sf-night.JPG

Houston

1fp.jpg

These are good and should help you make your decision

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vegas is bright but Im not gonna include them on this list. I really dont think of Vegas as having a skyline because they really dont have a downtown or CBD.

I would say New York just because there are so many buildings that have external lighting. Detroit could be good but too many of the downtown towers do not have night time lighting. Some buildings would be perfect for them too. By the time the Super Bowl comes around many more buildings downtown should have lighting and i think that would push Detroit further up this list.

I had to say Vegas, just cause its so damn bright and flashy, despite it not having a true downtown. Surprisingly I liked Nashville's, mainly because of the Batman building, which I'd never seen before. That building is awesome.

The photo shown on this thread for San Francisco doesn't do it justice.  Just watch the opening credits of "Charmed" sometime on the WB and you'll vote for San Francisco, too :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, Rested.

I still voted for ATL, though...hometown thing, but it does do pretty well in this category.

Nashville, OK 1 building known as the Batman Building by locals, It is NOT a re-creation of any actual batman building, it does look nice, but that one building is not the whole skyline. BUT this is a poll, which means every vote counts, and we all have the right to chose whatever we want.

Nashville, OK 1 building known as the Batman Building by locals, It is NOT a re-creation of any actual  batman  building, it does look nice, but that one building is not the whole skyline. BUT this is a poll, which means every vote counts, and we all have the right to chose whatever we want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't know about the recreation thing, but i think swinson (the architect of this.....thing) maybe had some help the building earl swinson ripped off. i'm from nashville and i do love the skyline, especially at night, but i have been to new york. all i can say is no contest. but you're right, this is a poll, so to each his/her own.

how could I have left Charlotte out of the poll, I need serious help,

It has such a beautiful downtown at night.

Charlotte's skyline amounts to the skyline of a few blocks in New York. I repeat, NY has the greatest skyline in the world. This is internationally recognized. No contest.

Archived