Pinnacle Hills West

RemusCal

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If and when (as Ramsay Ball predicted) Pauline Whitaker is built out, that means Pleasant Grove one exit to the south will fill up, too.  There are two areas that, when they are built up, will show us just how big this area is...one is there, the other is in the area around the Arvest Ballpark.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have they released any renderings of what the new 10-story building will look like in rogers? Get the sense that before to long pinnacle hills area will be the true core downtown urban feel of NWA ... Hope there is more big projects to follow!!!!

New to this site.  Reading this topic reminded me of a masterplan I saw last year of this area and can be seen at the attached page (hope the link works).  With the AMP where it is now and the planned 10 story building, this plan is obviously out dated, but it is still reflects a pretty cool "what-if" scenario.  sorry if already posted in another topic....

http://www.manicaarchitecture.com/projects/masterplan/29-nw-arkansas

New to this site.  Reading this topic reminded me of a masterplan I saw last year of this area and can be seen at the attached page (hope the link works).  With the AMP where it is now and the planned 10 story building, this plan is obviously out dated, but it is still reflects a pretty cool "what-if" scenario.  sorry if already posted in another topic....

http://www.manicaarchitecture.com/projects/masterplan/29-nw-arkansas

Welcome geddie!  What an awesome master drawing.  Like you said, it won't look like this now as things have changed, but I would like to see some of it happen.  I wonder if they will build another Lifestyle type center mall West of I-49?  I know the Promenade is almost full including the out parcels for big box stores.  That means retailers are going to have to find another location.  I feel like we could support a Mall #2 that might include an anchor such as Macys or Nordstrom with additional retailers. 

Also, would love to see a huge convention center to compete with major metros.  They could do all kinds of conferences here if they had a bigger venue.

What are your thoughts?

Yes, I agree that another lifestyle center is (will be) needed at some point. I remember the first drawings for the land between the neighborhood market and I-49 included an upscale hotel and higher end shops. I think the AMP was exactly what the area needed to spur development again.

Yes, I agree that another lifestyle center is (will be) needed at some point. I remember the first drawings for the land between the neighborhood market and I-49 included an upscale hotel and higher end shops. I think the AMP was exactly what the area needed to spur development again.

Before we see another lifestyle project, I predict that if there is any demand for higher end national shops they'll end up in the Promenade as tenants turnover or are asked by GGP to find another location.

I'm just excited for the future growth this area is poised for .. And that they are finally starting to build Up more. I wish that area is where tey would put the new Walton arts center rather than bentonville

Same here.  I would love to see a 20 story tower with hotel/office/condo complex go up.  I think we could support a Westin or W Hotel in Rogers with a rooftop bar.  If only I had enough money, I would build something like that.  Yes, I could see the WAC in that area as well.  However, It could be a great fit near Crystal Bridges to tie in with all the amenities near the Bentonville Square.

But we do need to stop worrying about the height of buildings.  If you look at larger metros, they have plenty of taller buildings than we have.  10 stories is not THAT tall, but hopefully this will be the start of something good.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a new one just off the presses, er, the pixels: new 9 acre development near the Pinnacle Country Club approved.  1 3 story building, 1 2 story one and a restaurant/retail building...over 125,000 square feet of space planned:  http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/d/story/planning-commissioners-approve-new-plaza/31370/cnEdC-GbE0GIRir5QSQJAg

Here's a new one just off the presses, er, the pixels: new 9 acre development near the Pinnacle Country Club approved.  1 3 story building, 1 2 story one and a restaurant/retail building...over 125,000 square feet of space planned:  http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/d/story/planning-commissioners-approve-new-plaza/31370/cnEdC-GbE0GIRir5QSQJAg

Looks like the location in KNWA's aerial is incorrect. This is planned at the SW corner of the roundabout by the Neighborhood Market.

Archived