Pinnacle Hills West

RemusCal

I understand the appeal of growth with more shopping locations and jobs but why is a fast food restaurant so important? I'm being honest, I really don't understand. Do these lower-end restaurants actually offer something so fantastic that we need to have them?

Yes, awesome food.

I think we have enough fast food restaurants! There's a McDonald's off every exit.

There is a difference between McDonalds and In N Out just the same as there is a difference between Walmart and Whole Foods

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the appeal of growth with more shopping locations and jobs but why is a fast food restaurant so important? I'm being honest, I really don't understand. Do these lower-end restaurants actually offer something so fantastic that we need to have them?

It offers convenience...  If someone is driving through our area, their first idea for food isn't going to be Olive Garden, Red Lobster or Ihop.  It's going to be food that they can quickly grab and take on the road.  

When you shuttle kids around from school to sports practice to church, and you've worked a long day yourself, no time to cook...believe me these nicer fast food places matter. I don't have the time or money to go to a sit-down restaurant and pay higher prices plus tip a couple nights a week for a whole family....but I don't want to feed my kids (or me) a cheap greasy burger either. Places like Pei Wei and Chipotle allow us to quickly and affordably get a decent meal on the run.

I don't think The Cheesecake Factory would be coming anytime soon, maybe 5-10 years down the road. I would expect to see a lot of restaurants like BJ's Restaurant, Macaroni Grille, TGI Fridays, and Cheddars, come before a Cheesecake factory. So I would not put the cheesecake factory on a wishlist. Or yet at least.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a TopGolf come to the area, either in the Pinnacle area or the Pleasant Crossing area. OKC is getting one in the spring, and Dallas has a couple of locations as well. Great place to go for sporting events as well with all the TVs and their bar/lounge. If you haven't been, it's essentially like bowling, but for golf.

I would love to see a TopGolf come to the area, either in the Pinnacle area or the Pleasant Crossing area. OKC is getting one in the spring, and Dallas has a couple of locations as well. Great place to go for sporting events as well with all the TVs and their bar/lounge. If you haven't been, it's essentially like bowling, but for golf.

Won't happen at Pinnacle Hills due to zoning, but you are right that this would be a great use to get in NWA. Maybe Pleasant Crossing?

I think Springdale near the Ballpark would be perfect for a Top Golf.  Do we have a big enough population to support it though?  Its pretty high end and pricy.  Much more than a driving range.  But I sure would love to have one.

The answer to that is no, we do not have a population big enough. Need 1M in our trade area. As for Springdale, they need to be nearer to income and dense daytime population. Would have to be 10-15 min drive time from W/M HQ and Pinnacle Hills.

That was the initial vision of the area.  If you notice, Embassy is it is today. There's a larger convention center in that picture, an arena, and a performing arts center along with an outdoor pavilion that would have housed seasonal things like an ice rink. That was to also have been an entertainment district to run parallel to it. Pleasant Crossing also had an "entertainment district" in early full build out renderings. As for the cluster of convention center, arena, theater, I think of the one in Gwinnett Co. GA comples that's made up of most the same components. A center which I see as idea in Springdale's new Arvest Ballpark overlay area. I just think this was expertly pulled off, the arena is a little bit bigger than the right size for this area. http://www.gwinnettcenter.com/

post-29082-0-41697100-1424530073_thumb.j

Another arena that I like for the area is the one up in Independence MO.

isn't that the first Hunt Building, the one that has the NBC sign on it.

The tallest building is connected to the large convention center, I think that was to be a hotel. I don't see the newer Hunt building in that rendering.

isn't that the first Hunt Building, the one that has the NBC sign on it.

The tallest building is connected to the large convention center, I think that was to be a hotel. I don't see the newer Hunt building in that rendering.

The newer hunt building isn't in the rendering.  Its almost like they are purposefully building a "wall" between the AMP and the high dollar residential area to the west.

The newer hunt building isn't in the rendering.  Its almost like they are purposefully building a "wall" between the AMP and the high dollar residential area to the west.

I was thinking the same thing. Just think how it will deflect sound.... Unless it doesn't b/c most of the issue will come from low freq which are not as inhibited by structures. I should know, I was one of those stupid high-schoolers who had more money in their sound system than the actual $ value of the vehicle. When I would forget to turn down the radio before I showed up to school the teachers would complain about their walls rattling. I parked in the back behind the basketball stadium.

That was the initial vision of the area.  If you notice, Embassy is it is today. There's a larger convention center in that picture, an arena, and a performing arts center along with an outdoor pavilion that would have housed seasonal things like an ice rink. That was to also have been an entertainment district to run parallel to it. Pleasant Crossing also had an "entertainment district" in early full build out renderings. As for the cluster of convention center, arena, theater, I think of the one in Gwinnett Co. GA comples that's made up of most the same components. A center which I see as idea in Springdale's new Arvest Ballpark overlay area. I just think this was expertly pulled off, the arena is a little bit bigger than the right size for this area. http://www.gwinnettcenter.com/

attachicon.gifGwinnett-Center.jpg

Another arena that I like for the area is the one up in Independence MO.

This wasn't the original vision. This was a throw together done within the last year or two by an architectural firm trying to reimagine the area. It is purely conceptual.

This wasn't the original vision. This was a throw together done within the last year or two by an architectural firm trying to reimagine the area. It is purely conceptual.

I thought this was very much like what I remembered seeing pre bust, my mistake. I can't even find it again. I thought this was right up there with to original Pleasant Crossing renderings that included an entertainment district. Heck, I've searched for the renderings of the proposed arena for that area and the one south of Bentonville that was thrown out once. I remember one Rogers threw out when folks where arguing over the bigger art center and don't remember it looking like that.

Archived