Pinnacle Hills West

RemusCal

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before we see another lifestyle project, I predict that if there is any demand for higher end national shops they'll end up in the Promenade as tenants turnover or are asked by GGP to find another location.

Actually, I can envision a smaller upscale center on the west side that consisted of about 20 stores. The J Crews and Lulu Lemons of the world anchored by a Nordstrom Rack and a couple of restaurants. A restaurant I could certainly see relocating in that area is Outback, hard to get to quite frankly. There's plenty of middling level retailers not yet in this market for existing mall to chase.

I highly doubt a Nordstrom Rack will come here. It'd be nice, but I don't see another retailer going against Dillard's here.

Yet they are scouting two locations in Memphis along Popular Ave and one is right across from a massive Macy's and Dillard's. Don't discount t the area's growth and a Nordstrom Rack isn't a traditional Nordstroms.

Yet they are scouting two locations in Memphis along Popular Ave and one is right across from a massive Macy's and Dillard's. Don't discount t the area's growth and a Nordstrom Rack isn't a traditional Nordstroms.

Nordstrom Rack makes some sense in this market. If we can ever get an outlet project going, that would be a perfect anchor.

Dillards seems to rule the roost in Arkansas.  Even Little Rock doesn't have anything other than Dillards, and their Chenal Promenade has an Apple Store, Anthropologie, J.Crew, Lululemon, etc, not to mention the stores that are in Park Plaza that aren't here either.  Sure Little Rock is Dillard's hometown, but Macy's has a huge location in Seattle right by Nordstrom's location.  

I'm completey aware of Nordstrom Rack. I lived in Allen, TX with an extremely upscale outlet mall which is why I'm saying, I doubt we'll get one one anytime soon, if at all. I wouldn't object, but like previous poster, Dillard's rules the roost in Arkansas.

My point is... If places like that with extremely stable economy and nonstop growth doesn't even have one, it will be a long time before it comes here. Tulsa just got theirs. We're still "newbies" at continuous growth. It's all exciting right now, but it'll be a bit before the really big things hit here. We need to start with a Macy's.

I'm completey aware of Nordstrom Rack. I lived in Allen, TX with an extremely upscale outlet mall which is why I'm saying, I doubt we'll get one one anytime soon, if at all. I wouldn't object, but like previous poster, Dillard's rules the roost in Arkansas.

My point is... If places like that with extremely stable economy and nonstop growth doesn't even have one, it will be a long time before it comes here. Tulsa just got theirs. We're still "newbies" at continuous growth. It's all exciting right now, but it'll be a bit before the really big things hit here. We need to start with a Macy's.

Macy's is what will compete Dillard's, and as far as continuous growth, I'd hardly call Memphis a shining example yet they are targeting that area and with a large Dillard's and Macy's footprint in the Market. Many of the new NWA folks are not native Arkie and have home state warm and fuzziness for Dillards, it's just it's the only show in town outside of Belk's.

I don't understand how Joplin has a Macy's but we don't. I'm an Arkansas native and I'm hardly ever in Dillard's because I'd rather drive to Tulsa or Dallas to shop. We need more options. If we can get a Macy's, that would really put us on the map for other retailers to join in. Where could we put Macy's?

I keep hoping that Sears will go out of business and Macy's could occupy their space in the NWA Mall.

That would be a great location for a Macys at the NWA Mall.  Plus I think it would give an opportunity for a Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack to go in Rogers with other retailers not yet in the market.  I do think this area is already ready for a Nordstrom Rack.  Who knows, we may get one sooner rather than later.  Also I do think its time for The Apple Store, JCrew, Anthropologies, Nike, etc to come to the area.  We have a lot of disposable income in the area and people are still shopping out of state.

I also have heard rumors that Springdale West may have an outlet mall at some point.  So that also opens doors for Nordstrom Rack or Off 5th Saks Outlet to come in along with other retailers.  I know Bass Pro Shop is heavily looking at the area so Springdale seems like a great area for it.

I've seen them in basically all types of locations and they are not outlet-centric.

I'm aware and have worked on developments with them, however in our market it will take a project of significance to bring them. We are full on malls and powercenters. It will take an outlet type project to bring them. 

Ok, a wish list for Pinnacle West:

1.  Condo/Residential Tower and W or Westin Hotel Combo (maybe 15 or 20 stories)

2.  Full Service Marriott Hotel

3.  Cheesecake Factory Restaurant

4.  Small Upscale Lifestyle Center with Macys, Nordstrom, or Nordstrom Rack as anchor

5.  A Dine-in movie theater similar to Alamo Drafthouse in Austin

6.  In-n-out burger

7. Trader Joes Grocery Store

I love some of the lifestyle centers/shopping plazas in Southern California that are outdoors with fountains and such.  They are so relaxing and an awesome place to people watch and hang out.

I don't understand how Joplin has a Macy's but we don't. I'm an Arkansas native and I'm hardly ever in Dillard's because I'd rather drive to Tulsa or Dallas to shop. We need more options. If we can get a Macy's, that would really put us on the map for other retailers to join in. Where could we put Macy's?

I haven't heard great things about the Joplin store, though it still sounds nice to say that Macy's is there.  Was it one of the one's acquired because Macy's bought the company that had the building previously?

Ok, a wish list for Pinnacle West:

1. Condo/Residential Tower and W or Westin Hotel Combo (maybe 15 or 20 stories)

2. Full Service Marriott Hotel

3. Cheesecake Factory Restaurant

4. Small Upscale Lifestyle Center with Macys, Nordstrom, or Nordstrom Rack as anchor

5. A Dine-in movie theater similar to Alamo Drafthouse in Austin

6. In-n-out burger

7. Trader Joes Grocery Store

I love some of the lifestyle centers/shopping plazas in Southern California that are outdoors with fountains and such. They are so relaxing and an awesome place to people watch and hang out.

I too can envision several taller projects in the future. A couple 18+ floor towers (condos and a high end hotel) would fit the area well. I like you ideas!

(First post! Hopeful NWA resident soon)

I haven't heard great things about the Joplin store, though it still sounds nice to say that Macy's is there.  Was it one of the one's acquired because Macy's bought the company that had the building previously?

Yes, it was a store acquired through an acquisition.

Archived