Memphis Area Photos

Memphis4ever

• 2 months later...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Great pics of Beale St. Landing. And to think with Viking saying they want to dock two ships at a time there when they enter the expanding market, they are thinking of expansion of the docking facilities. This will be a boon for Beale and downtown if it happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Great pics of Beale St. Landing. And to think with Viking saying they want to dock two ships at a time there when they enter the expanding market, they are thinking of expansion of the docking facilities. This will be a boon for Beale and downtown if it happens.

Yes they are in the process  of designing the dock to be longer to accommodate 2 boats at one time.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do like the density from that side. And it will look even better with One Beale extending that skyline to the south.

Given the midrise density on the south side, and the fact that One Beale will kind of book end that area on it's southern edge, it really would only take the addition of one more tower on top of One Beale of around that same height smack in the middle of that midrise zone to make the Memphis skyline look MUCH larger than it is today, at least from that angle.

• 6 months later...

Those towers should be downtown. Just makes my head shake (helplessly) at the mismanagement of Memphis.. government and business leadership.  I can sort of understand with the corruption in the city government, but the corporate leadership just decided to move out.  It's really sad.  I've heard that Memphis could have had a NFL team for the taking if only their pitch team had used the nickname "Memphis Kings" (MLK, Elvis and Ancient Egypt).  NFL was ready to hand them the expansion franchise in 1993 but they were so pathetically inept ("Hounddogs"?) that the NFL gave the franchise to Jacksonville. 

I learned in class that the guy responsible for the development down poplar is related to the vanderbuilts a railroad tycoon.  He would create golf courses out east built poplularity then fill them in and build another further east.  The guy that built clark tower said he had a feeling that area would be at the center of the city someday.  Back then a lot of people really thought he was crazy for doing so but he was right lol.  I kinda like them there now it helps to make memphis look more urban with tall buildings other than downtown.  One beale is supposed to break ground this month and they are receiving lots of interest in the office space, they are thinking about a 3rd tower just for office, lets hope that project gets off the ground along with a few of the larger hotels.

On 3/8/2016 at 6:49 PM, MLBrumby said:

Those towers should be downtown. Just makes my head shake (helplessly) at the mismanagement of Memphis.. government and business leadership.  I can sort of understand with the corruption in the city government, but the corporate leadership just decided to move out.  It's really sad.  I've heard that Memphis could have had a NFL team for the taking if only their pitch team had used the nickname "Memphis Kings" (MLK, Elvis and Ancient Egypt).  NFL was ready to hand them the expansion franchise in 1993 but they were so pathetically inept ("Hounddogs"?) that the NFL gave the franchise to Jacksonville. 

As far as the NFL team goes we really didnt have a big enough disposable income also the city did not want to build a new arena.  I remember when the current titans aka memphis oilers were playing here for one year.  That is why the city built the fed ex forum when the grizzlies made the request so we would not lose that team also.  Now six flags did want to come but apparently mayor herenton said no.

• 4 months later...

Archived