Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
demon

Orlando Fashion Square [Renovation in Progress]

237 posts in this topic

I think I was there under both names; 1985-86, and 1999.

My neighbors met and fell in love there.  Still married.  Some Latin dance night thing @ 4th Fighter Group

1 person likes this

On 7/12/2017 at 7:41 AM, HankStrong said:

My neighbors met and fell in love there.  Still married.  Some Latin dance night thing @ 4th Fighter Group

We need another place like that.  At OIA, they have that rooftop restaurant at the Hyatt, which is very cool.  I think they renovated it last year.

OBJ is reporting that not only development has passed from UP to the new entity but also the land under the mall has transferred from the FFO Maguires ( that's who the road circling the mall is named after.) Hopefully, getting Brookstone as the entity handling everything will finally move things forward. This really has been a mess for too long now.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/08/01/former-landowner-expects-significant-infill.html

4 people like this

11 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

OBJ is reporting that not only development has passed from UP to the new entity but also the land under the mall has transferred from the FFO Maguires ( that's who the road circling the mall is named after.) Hopefully, getting Brookstone as the entity handling everything will finally move things forward. This really has been a mess for too long now.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/08/01/former-landowner-expects-significant-infill.html

I'm not sure I completely get what was transferred and what the ramifications actually are.  They said a portion was transferred. 

2 people like this

Go chain yourselves to the oak trees by the sears autocenter tonight. The 'ol demolition tractor is firin' up in the mornin'.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, jgardnerucf said:

Go chain yourselves to the oak trees by the sears autocenter tonight. The 'ol demolition tractor is firin' up in the mornin'.

That sucks. I was afraid they'd go through with it.

1 person likes this

I just don't get it.  Those big shade trees near Maguire & Colonial? 

6 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I just don't get it.  Those big shade trees near Maguire & Colonial? 

I would guess that the new tenants want an unobstructed view of their store and signage from Colonial Dr.

We can't have a bunch of ugly old oak trees that have graced and shaded that corner for decades blocking off the view of their shiny new tacky looking storefront now, can we?

4 people like this

2 hours ago, FLClarkKent said:

Drove by today. Bulk of trees are outside construction fence, and appear to be in the city's right of way.

So does this mean most of them are not being cut down?

1 person likes this

On 8/13/2017 at 1:01 AM, JFW657 said:

So does this mean most of them are not being cut down?

I'll tell you why my fingers are crossed, because, those trees are such a good visual buffer there.  if they tear them down, the look of that corner will turn into too much of a Waterford Lakes TC look. 

1 person likes this