Orlando Fashion Square [Renovation in Progress]

demon

On 7/12/2017 at 7:41 AM, HankStrong said:

My neighbors met and fell in love there.  Still married.  Some Latin dance night thing @ 4th Fighter Group

We need another place like that.  At OIA, they have that rooftop restaurant at the Hyatt, which is very cool.  I think they renovated it last year.

• 3 weeks later...

OBJ is reporting that not only development has passed from UP to the new entity but also the land under the mall has transferred from the FFO Maguires ( that's who the road circling the mall is named after.) Hopefully, getting Brookstone as the entity handling everything will finally move things forward. This really has been a mess for too long now.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/08/01/former-landowner-expects-significant-infill.html

• Like 4

11 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

OBJ is reporting that not only development has passed from UP to the new entity but also the land under the mall has transferred from the FFO Maguires ( that's who the road circling the mall is named after.) Hopefully, getting Brookstone as the entity handling everything will finally move things forward. This really has been a mess for too long now.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/08/01/former-landowner-expects-significant-infill.html

I'm not sure I completely get what was transferred and what the ramifications actually are.  They said a portion was transferred. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I just don't get it.  Those big shade trees near Maguire & Colonial? 

I would guess that the new tenants want an unobstructed view of their store and signage from Colonial Dr.

We can't have a bunch of ugly old oak trees that have graced and shaded that corner for decades blocking off the view of their shiny new tacky looking storefront now, can we?

• Like 4

On 8/13/2017 at 1:01 AM, JFW657 said:

So does this mean most of them are not being cut down?

I'll tell you why my fingers are crossed, because, those trees are such a good visual buffer there.  if they tear them down, the look of that corner will turn into too much of a Waterford Lakes TC look. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I rode by today on my go-to loop off of CadyWay, and there is an 8 foot scrim fence up on the Northeast? side of the mall where Anthem college used to be. Ridiculous amount of small metric tons of dirt have been amalgamated into a giant mound of dirt where the college "yoosta-be" along with some heavy equipment.  I was tired and sweaty and a storm was coming so I didn't try to get any pics. 

Not sure if this is all one project or a couple with the one in back by anthem college being the apartments? Do we have a master plan for the whole thing in this thread or anywhere? 

On 9/2/2017 at 5:45 PM, Jernigan said:

Per GS: Three restaurant outparcels along the western edge identified to be a new prototype Olive Garden (other location would close), a Longhorn Steakhouse, and negotiations underway for the third to be a Mission BBQ.   

I rarely venture east of Primrose anymore (thar be monsters in that sprawl!) but for good 'cue I'll make the sacrifice. Since Wildside went defunct it's been Barbakoa except when I venture out to Harry and Larry's in WG.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

Every time it comes up I recommend Ellie Lou's in Ocoee.  Their pork is average but the brisket and turkey are definitely comparable to some of the stuff I had when I lived in Tulsa.  Nothing else I've had here comes close.  I'll have to try H+L though.

Oklahoma Joe's if it comes to fruition will definitely be the best and it isn't close though.  (And it was only my 3rd favorite in town)

• Like 1

On 9/2/2017 at 5:45 PM, Jernigan said:

Per GS: Three restaurant outparcels along the western edge identified to be a new prototype Olive Garden (other location would close), a Longhorn Steakhouse, and negotiations underway for the third to be a Mission BBQ.   

I think it was either at GS or the developer's website, I found this too small to read very much site plan, showing where the new outparcel locations are planned...

gs-darden-restaurants-claim-first-two-ne

Like I said, it's hard (ok, impossible) to read the text, but you can see the outlines of the planned locations.

20 hours ago, Jernigan said:

From what I hear, Ace Cafe bringing in Oklahoman Joes BBQ will be the best BBQ in town bar none.   

Wrong thread maybe? :huh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, codypet said:

I thought that, but there's no building left on the corner.

Oh, so they've demo'd the auto center too?

Maybe the blue represents a parcel where a building was and the yellow represents a heretofore unused parcel.

Suffice it to say that in all likelihood, buildings containing businesses will be located in both the yellow and blue outlined areas.