Orlando Fashion Square [Renovation in Progress]

demon

• 2 months later...

2 hours ago, orlandoguy said:

Construction on what I believe is referred to as Pad 2 (the outparcel immediately East of the new Olive Garden) is well underway. The info I found from the Seritage Loopnet listing says this will be an Aspen Dental and Spa Noir. Not sure if that’s still accurate or not.

Any estimates on a time frame for completion and occupancy?

Just heard on the local TV news that EōS Fitness Gym will be taking over the Orchard Supply building at Fashion Square.

Looks like The Daily City reported it earlier this month also...

https://www.thedailycity.com/post/eos-fitness-orlando

Whoopee. Another fitness center.

Near the top of the list of things I was hoping would NOT go there.

At least the building looks like a fitness center.

Looks more like one than a hardware store anyway.

Screenshot-224.png

Edited by JFW657

18 minutes ago, orlandoguy said:

Seriously. Assume there’s no exclusivity clause since these are two different properties?

It gets worse. There’s a Crunch across the street and an LA Fitness next to Target, according to Frank Torres. Four  gyms in the same area.

I’m sticking with the Y on Mills.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

It gets worse. There’s a Crunch across the street and an LA Fitness next to Target, according to Frank Torres. Four  gyms in the same area.

I’m sticking with the Y on Mills.

Reminds me of what just happened to all the new grocers that jumped into the market all at once. Besides these large gyms, a lot of boutique fitness and yoga places have popped up all over the place. It’s gonna get ugly for some of them, unfortunately.  I’d assume half of them will fail within the next year or two. 

Edited by leondecollao
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, codypet said:

I don't think LA Fitness and the Y are $10/mo gyms.  Otherwise I'm getting gouged :tw_lol:

Planet fitness is the cheap one. 

Crossfit and EOS looks like it would have some crossover members . EOS especially looks compelling to me but it is on the wrong side of town. 

Totally agree that the Y is worth it above all of these big box type places.

This whole fashion square redo is a huge wasted opportunity.  It's looking more and more like just another suburban shopping center.  At least an indoor mall is walkable without being hit by a car.  I wish they at least turned it into something more like a Sodo shopping center or Winter Park Village than this generic plaza.  How about some mixed usage with parking garage instead of parking lots, buildings completely fronting Colonial.  Also when the heck is the Fashion Square itself going to be torn down?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jack said:

Chucks parcel is to be the lifestyle center, not Seritages. 

From what I've seen, they're looking to add a grocery store up front near Floor and Decor, with surface parking, and there will be a central, curvilinear street that goes more or less N/S just to the East of that, incorporating the current Macy's building with structured parking, new movie theatre, and talk of an e-sports arena. On the north side of the parcel, 1,000 housing units with structured parking, hotel, and some office.  With Chuck's group building and managing both the commercial and residential, I think it will be a pretty quick build once they close, should the economy hold.

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Another movie theater? Interesting. If my count is correct, that will be the fourth movie theater on the site in less than 50 years. Not to mention the AMC that was over by Toys R Us.

Anthem College (General Cinema)

Premiere 14

Untitled new theater.

(What was the 4th one?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Throwback Tuesday:

By the early ‘90’s, Orlando Fashion Square had begun an expansion after its 15th anniversary that would see 3rd anchor Madison Blanche abandon its location so the mall could add a second floor and a food court.

MB moved east into a new wing (the original GCC was demolished and rebuilt further to the north) and JCPenney was added to the west of the new food court along with Fashion Square’s first parking garage.

Orlando embraced the mall’s new look and it regularly won “Best Mall” competitions in local media.

Meanwhile, original anchor Sears (which predated the mall by a decade) was riding high with a resurgence caused in part by the nationwide “Softer Side of Sears” campaign.

For both the mall and the retailer, this was the high point that would disappear within a decade.

Edited by spenser1058