Tallahassee Convention Hotel

Florida

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont feel too bad... if he wanted us to take his health into consideration he would've let us know about it. But this is great! I hope they really get to moving on this. I think the civic center should help buy some space (the convention center WILL make them money) and the condo adjustments should be done as needed to make the project happen. 20+ stories in the rendering?!!!!

Yeah Murphy, the rendering looks like its 21 Stories.

Cityboy & Everyone... I sent an Email to the new developer of the Civic Center Hotel tonight just as I was about to leave work. I explained how long we've been waiting for this hotel, and how this community stands to benifit from the completion of the hotel economically. I enouraged the developer to hang in with the negotiations with the Civic Center authority, and I pledged the support of myself and all of my fellow Tallahasseeans for them in this endeavor. Lets do what it takes to make this happen.

If I ain't mistaken.

How do you look with a name like Cityboy, talking like this.

:lol:

when you say my name cityboy you suppose to say it like a country boy any way (O citi bowiia).Its good that you sent that e-mail TaureanJ. I know that all of us posters will keep up with the news for this. I have a feeling that this project will be moving real fast to make up for time lost.

This is a Civic Center Authority issue. The City Commission has already done its part on this project. The mayor is truly the only person on the commission that has any type of say in whats going on here because he sits on the Civic Center Authority.

What we should do, is all write letters to the editor of the Newspaper, and also to people like Ron Spencer, the Mayor, TK, and those people who actually have a say over the CC Authority. TK and FSU have a disproportionate say so I'd start with him. I know he and I have had our differences in the past, but hopefully we're both looking out for the greater good of Tallahassee.

I haven't the slightest clue. I remember they did a soil sample eariler in the spring... but Im not sure what came of that. Everytime I pass the Civic Center... I'm hoping to see the gravel all torn up. I think we'll know something after this next Civic Center Authority Meeting. They're open to the public ya know.

• 4 weeks later...

hmm any more news?

Outside Expert Sought for Civic Center Hotel

How do we handle the financing of the parking garage? Who will actually own the property once the hotel is built? These questions and many more will have to be sorted out by outside officials as Civic Center Ad Hoc Hotel Committee cannot come to terms with Marriott Officials and the Developer on these issues. Another extension has been requested to allow an outside consultant (why are they just now doing this?) to come in and answer the questions for us (pretty much tell them what they already know).

There will be a story in the Tallahassee Democrat, when available I will post the link.

scrap the plans, its a waste of money talking to the developers, this will never get done IMHO

I understand your frustration. I've been waiting for something to materialize for what seems like 10 uears now. Just hang in there and give the new developer a chance. I'm sure they'll work things out.

THis is good. Lets get some accountants to solve thier problem, its about freaking time. I cant believe they have been having financial debates for years, and now they geting a consultant. Typical Tally. I look forward to finalization and city stock in the develpment. The city will make it mesh because it would be in thier best interest. The stall is ignorance, so were going to beyond that.

THis is good. Lets get some accountants to solve thier problem, its about freaking time. I cant believe they have been having financial debates for years, and now they geting a consultant. Typical Tally. I look forward to finalization and city stock in the develpment. The city will make it mesh because it would be in thier best interest. The stall is ignorance, so were going to be beyond that now and start walking.

Archived