Tallahassee Convention Hotel

Florida

That's a great question and I know the answer is out there. I've not done any research on this project since 1999 so I couldn't tell you, but the answer would be easy to find on Monday if you want to wait. I'd be interested in knowing which direction the building will face also.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The DoubleTree has remodeled and its quite nice now, IMO. They could probably do something with the colors outside to make it stick out a little more, but its a very classy hotel from where I stand.

The Radisson used to be nice, I'm not sure how the ParkPlace change has affected the hotel.

Governor's INN is very nice, but very small.

This project has been on the table since I was in like... high school and still not up. I don't mean to be negative, but its taking too long for this. I would have given up on this a while ago.

Although I must say, I do love the design.

• 2 weeks later...

The City Commission tonight discussed the progression of this hotel project. Nancy Lennan from the Civic Center Authority was there to make a presentation and answer questions. From what I was able to hear, the number of condos is back down to 47 which means the renderings we've been using in refering to the building may be drastically changed. Yes, the project is still moving forward, but now we've got to coordinate the Hotel Project with the develpoment of a performing arts center.

The important dates discussed in tonights meeting were dates for recieving a foundation permit, which the city says must be done by November, 15, 2006, and a date to have the building topped off which would have to be Mid-2008, hopefully we'll have significant progress by that time.

Just thought I'd fill anyone who happened to miss the meeting in on this. Hopefully this turns into something positive for Tallahassee... soon.

Anyone want to submit some designs to the Tallahassee Hotel Associates for consideration? LOL! If I could draw, I would.

"The hotels we do have are mediocre and nothing stands out about them."

I agree with Ebony here. You need high end hotels, mid range ones, and low range ones. Tally has basically no high end hotels...or even very good upper mid range hotels.

"From what I was able to hear, the number of condos is back down to 47 which means the renderings we've been using in refering to the building may be drastically changed. Yes, the project is still moving forward, but now we've got to coordinate the Hotel Project with the develpoment of a performing arts center. "

This is good news IMHO. Glad they have reduced the hotels and are considering the impact of the PAC. Great news.

This is good news IMHO. Glad they have reduced the hotels and are considering the impact of the PAC. Great news.

I agree. You did mean to say, "Glad they have reduced the condos" right? I agree because this should be a hotel project. Yes its nice to have a few condos attached for those interested in living there, but if this is going to be our "nice hotel" it shouldn't be filled with permanent residents. the lower number of units in this building, also means less competition for the other condo projects which I also like.

I hope they keep the number of beds the same.

Archived