Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghentite

Atlas Flats

9 posts in this topic

I always love seeing older buildings preserved, and I'm glad to see Norfolk doing more of this. The rendering is pretty cool, but being that close to the train tracks can't be the greatest selling point though...  :P

Ha, I was wondering if that would be turned into apts one day. See I have great ideas, my problem is, I can't afford to bring them to fruition, lol.

Good Work. I would suggest however they brighten that area up a bit, just to make it more living friendly. It would have also been nice if that Cocoa-Coal rumor would have panned out about them opening up the wall on Monticello so people could see bottle/cannery in action. That would bring some life to that section.

I like all the development down monticello but I still think they are missing the retail/restaurant component. That will be vital to sustained foot traffic or just general traffic. I do not want to see a street of apartments that goes dead after 7.

I think that the Monticello corridor would be great for an urban Target or even an Ikea.

Wishful thinking, I know! :)

It looks like the Atlas Apartments project is back on track. The Monument Companies now plans to renovate the warehouse into 52 apartments.

Cool beans! The only detraction I can think of about this property is it being right next to the freight tracks.