Norfolk Outlet Mall

likeminded

The talked about location for an IKEA is not ideal anyway. IKEA's are usually highly visible from the interstate and this location would not be. Now, if an IKEA would be built in Norfolk, a location off I-264 around Harbor Park/Campostella is better. But that is for another discussion.

On 6/4/2016 at 10:23 PM, baobabs727 said:

What type of development/retailers would have impressed you?

I'd like to see more unique and new to this area stuff. Northern VA has quite a few fast-casual dining places that are pretty good that I am sure would fare well here. Also and IKEA, even a smallish one (they exist) would probably do well enough here and would be better than a Wegman's. Overall, who knows I guess. The market drives the line up and our market is not as high income as nova. 

• 2 months later...
On August 14, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Brennen said:

http://pilotonline.com/inside-business/retail-and-restaurants-planned-for-lake-wright-property/article_35d0b94d-1c5d-5cd5-bed2-1703fb020d43.html

Plans for a portion of the Lake Wright driving range. None of it sounds very "unique" but it's only 8 of the 30 acres. 

Yes, I wondered about that when I read the article the other day. The developer told me that his 8 acre tract is located 100 percent in Norfolk (specifically, west of the line and adjacent to the hotel) and is completely separate from the 30 acres that Simon and SL Nusbaum will be developing in VB.

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, mikeas said:

Yeah but when they announce 2 or 3 at a time they get a new press release each time.

That's a very good point that I didn't think of. I don't know if they really need to put it out in the press that often...Its a clear view from the interstate right by the airport and most people that love shopping already know about it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...