Something coming...

GRDadof3

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we would have heard by now.

I was thinking the same thing.  I met with someone late last week that would have 110% for sure known if there was anything new and big coming on the horizon and this individual was confident there was nothing.  

In the same vein, however, in this meeting I was informed that a decision has been made for a redevelopment plan on Olds Manor and this will be announced before the end of the year.  So there is that...

I was thinking the same thing.  I met with someone late last week that would have 110% for sure known if there was anything new and big coming on the horizon and this individual was confident there was nothing.  

In the same vein, however, in this meeting I was informed that a decision has been made for a redevelopment plan on Olds Manor and this will be announced before the end of the year.  So there is that...

Well yes, that's something. Considering the timing, I wonder if it will be part of the MSU proposals.

I see several people involved with this are calling this a "game changer." I think that terminology should be retired. A game changer for one person might be ho hum to another. In addition, you only know something is/was a true game change in retrospect, not in foresight.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/08/grand_rapids_schools_formalizi.html

It is great that the old museum on Jefferson will be put back to regular use again.

• 4 months later...

You got that right...link to the article today.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/12/new_life_for_long-vacant_olds.html

Great news.

• 2 weeks later...

Well when you consider what has been announced over the past 4 months, it is understandable.

It was a slamming 4th quarter to 2014, and quite a bit already this year. Seemed like it went eerily quiet this last week though. Everyone's taking a breath. :)

Another Mark Sellers project? ;)

Oh wait, I'll take an even more specific stab: a new Mark Sellers project at 820 Monroe? :ph34r:

Nice-  the new 616 development!   I thought I heard it was going to be a brew pub? Could have made that up in my head. What ever it is I'm sure Sellers will do a great job!  Didn't Sellers also sell the 616 Michigan Street site to Coppess?  If I recall correctly Sellers was considering a concept there too.

Argh. I thought I would have more today.

Sellers? Not this project.

820 Monroe? Not this project.

Funny you mention 820 though. There are plans for a brew pub there but AFAIK it's still in the investor hunting stage.

Well keep us posted. I just know that Sellers and Coppess have worked together before so I was connecting dots (that don't exist). :)

Someone else told me that Sellers' main goal right now is to grow the Hopcat brand nationally.

• 2 weeks later...

Argh. I thought I would have more today.

Sellers? Not this project.

820 Monroe? Not this project.

Funny you mention 820 though. There are plans for a brew pub there but AFAIK it's still in the investor hunting stage.

'

Any word on this project you were hinting at? 

I think February is going to be a busy month around here... 

Archived