GRDadof3

Something coming...

Here's my guess for the New Big Thing: parking is finally going to be allowed in the lot facing Icon on Bond. 

Naaah...too far-fetched to even contemplate! 

I did see in the city commission agenda that Calvary Church is about to double in size. Maybe that's the "game changer", the big man himself is expected to preside there. :)

I think we would have heard by now.

I was thinking the same thing.  I met with someone late last week that would have 110% for sure known if there was anything new and big coming on the horizon and this individual was confident there was nothing.  

In the same vein, however, in this meeting I was informed that a decision has been made for a redevelopment plan on Olds Manor and this will be announced before the end of the year.  So there is that...

• Like 2

I was thinking the same thing.  I met with someone late last week that would have 110% for sure known if there was anything new and big coming on the horizon and this individual was confident there was nothing.  

In the same vein, however, in this meeting I was informed that a decision has been made for a redevelopment plan on Olds Manor and this will be announced before the end of the year.  So there is that...

Well yes, that's something. Considering the timing, I wonder if it will be part of the MSU proposals.

I see several people involved with this are calling this a "game changer." I think that terminology should be retired. A game changer for one person might be ho hum to another. In addition, you only know something is/was a true game change in retrospect, not in foresight.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/08/grand_rapids_schools_formalizi.html

It is great that the old museum on Jefferson will be put back to regular use again.

You got that right...link to the article today.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/12/new_life_for_long-vacant_olds.html

Great news.

Edited by mgreven

Great news but I was hoping they would also say the PO is being moved too.

Ditto!  But that doesn't mean that something will/could happen down the line. With MSU directly across the street, things are starting to take off for this area. Looks like we may need to move this topic.

Edited by mpchicago

Well when you consider what has been announced over the past 4 months, it is understandable.

It was a slamming 4th quarter to 2014, and quite a bit already this year. Seemed like it went eerily quiet this last week though. Everyone's taking a breath. :)

This is a tease --> :alc:

More soon

Another Mark Sellers project? ;)

Oh wait, I'll take an even more specific stab: a new Mark Sellers project at 820 Monroe? :ph34r:

Another Mark Sellers project? ;)

Oh wait, I'll take an even more specific stab: a new Mark Sellers project at 820 Monroe? :ph34r:

Nice-  the new 616 development!   I thought I heard it was going to be a brew pub? Could have made that up in my head. What ever it is I'm sure Sellers will do a great job!  Didn't Sellers also sell the 616 Michigan Street site to Coppess?  If I recall correctly Sellers was considering a concept there too.

Argh. I thought I would have more today.

Sellers? Not this project.

820 Monroe? Not this project.

Funny you mention 820 though. There are plans for a brew pub there but AFAIK it's still in the investor hunting stage.

Funny you mention 820 though. There are plans for a brew pub there but AFAIK it's still in the investor hunting stage.

Well keep us posted. I just know that Sellers and Coppess have worked together before so I was connecting dots (that don't exist). :)

Someone else told me that Sellers' main goal right now is to grow the Hopcat brand nationally.

'

Any word on this project you were hinting at? 

I think February is going to be a busy month around here...