SKYHOUSE NASHVILLE | 25 stories/289' + 7 & 70' | 10,708sqft Retail |

smeagolsfree

William had his story ready yesterday, early in the afternoon. I guess once the cat was out of the bag, the had a media release.

As to the design, I am OK with it. The parking garage is a cost saving measure to keep from digging a big hole. If this is approved, I look for it to start rather quickly, as the developers have a lot of experience and money.

I agree Ron. It's okay, it will feel a bit out of place with the rest of the brick/stucco but that's fine. I do wish the garage were at least adjoined or had some semblance of retail - even if it was just to house SubStop and maybe a studio or something.

As far as the buildings being lost - only one of them is truly a loss, and it's been in rough shape for years. 

Meh... pretty standard looking (Atlanta has these all over the place), and certainly not nearly as striking as SoBro.  I do like the fact that the balconies are broken up with "wings" and the top is not a flat-top.  Looks better than Encore.  Likewise, I'd expect it may be the best view in town too.   That was one thing that had puzzled me about Palmer not being able to sell his condos: the fact that a view from West End (IMHO) is far preferable than a view amidst all the tall buildings downtown, such as the corner of 4th and Church.  Another thing about Palmer's plan that I thought was flawed: the residential/hotel tower should have been planned on the East Side, with a slight setback for the office tower, which I'm pretty sure was a much deeper building. The residential would have had the views of downtown, and views from the office tower along the back portions (Hayes Street) would have been nice (panoramic) too.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

William had his story ready yesterday, early in the afternoon. I guess once the cat was out of the bag, the had a media release.

As to the design, I am OK with it. The parking garage is a cost saving measure to keep from digging a big hole. If this is approved, I look for it to start rather quickly, as the developers have a lot of experience and money.

I was at William's place last evening, and he told me this would start in a year. They still have to close on the land, and several entities are involved. Look for this to start this time next year.

I figured it was only a matter of time before Nashville was next on the Skyhouse list... While the architecture isn't anything mindblowing since it's replicated at various cities around the country, the construction costs are lower meaning that you'll probably have more reasonable rents. Definitely a good project. And it flies in terms of build out.... The one here in Charlotte has already made it's way to the 10th floor in less than two months since going vertical. If the one in Nashville starts a year from now, you'll have it leasing by mid-2016  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Wrapping the garage in retail will be a nice touch and will further connect the Gulch, Roundabout, Music Row and Midtown areas. In an ideal world they'd build the garage to support another 10 floors of office so that the land is utilized at a higher density at some point in the future.

• Like 2

[moved from other thread]    Like the tower ok, hate the garage, especially considering the devil's bargain of swapping the old houses for an ugly garage.

If anyone should be barking about the garage, it is Sir Richard. The front door of his Virgin hotel will look directly out on a 5 story parking structure. Two of them actually, because the Roundabout Plaza garage occupies the other corner. Couldn't blame Virgin if they give up and put their garage on that corner and have the hotel face 17th.

Came to basically say what Wend28 did, I had been figuring one of these would be eminent for Nashville, too. I don't understand this company and the detached garages, though. They did the same thing with the one they built in Raleigh. Put the garage underneath and this thing would have some real heigth to it! On the plus side, this building should top out in a matter of months.

Came to basically say what Wend28 did, I had been figuring one of these would be eminent for Nashville, too. I don't understand this company and the detached garages, though. They did the same thing with the one they built in Raleigh. Put the garage underneath and this thing would have some real heigth to it! On the plus side, this building should top out in a matter of months.

Right.   It doubles the amount of real estate required for each project.    If there is retail in the garage portion, it at least generates some revenue, but that could be true with the garage sitting under the tower.   

It will be interesting to see if this project beats the Sobro to completion as they will be competing for similar renters imo.

I'm also thinking that's why Buckingham pulled their permits yesterday. You wait around too long, and someone else will start their high rise first...

Did anyone else notice the highrise over the parking garage? This would line up perfectly with the Lennar Multifamily 19 floor apartment at 19th and Chet Atkins. I'd be interested in knowing whether Novare has an idea what that building would look like or if they are just putting a generic rendering there to give some perspective.

That looks mucho taller than 17 stories (as reported)... but who knows?   I will add that I like the way the buildings line up along Broadway too.  This one caps the canyon effect quite well.  Would be nice if they really do plant all those trees in the rendering... but I remain doubtful. 

Edited by MLBrumby

That looks mucho taller than 17 stories (as reported)... but who knows?   I will add that I like the way the buildings line up along Broadway too.  This one caps the canyon effect quite well.  Would be nice if they really do plant all those trees in the rendering... but I remain doubtful. 

Eh? They all say 25 stories. But it's at 17th & Broadway... so maybe that's the 17?

Once they close on the land this thing will fly up. I watched the one in Dallas appear out of nowhere in the course of a couple months while similar projects here are still pouring floors to get out of the ground.  

This may be the track home of high rises but they're good at building them. 

Once they close on the land this thing will fly up. I watched the one in Dallas appear out of nowhere in the course of a couple months while similar projects here are still pouring floors to get out of the ground.  

This may be the track home of high rises but they're good at building them. 

A poster on SSC from Charlotte said their Skyhouse tower went from 1 story to 11 stories in a little over a month. Thats crazy fast.

He also posted this link for the construction cameras on all the Skyhouse projects with time lapse. It's pretty cool to see how fast they go up.

http://oxblue.com/open/SkyHouseApartments