SKYHOUSE NASHVILLE | 25 stories/289' + 7 & 70' | 10,708sqft Retail |

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like Sub Stop will be no more. I talked to the owner and he couldn't find a new location to move to with reasonable rent, so he shut down. I believe they are going to try and sell if possible. Kinda sucks for the new owner, but I guess he knew what to expect going into the business. 6 Days after he took over they got the papers saying you had to move out. 

Well it looks like Sub Stop will be no more. I talked to the owner and he couldn't find a new location to move to with reasonable rent, so he shut down. I believe they are going to try and sell if possible. Kinda sucks for the new owner, but I guess he knew what to expect going into the business. 6 Days after he took over they got the papers saying you had to move out. 

That sucks.

Last day is May 29, according to NBJ.

I think I need to pay them a visit as well... Ashamed to say I've never been.

Where does one park, anyway? Obviously I can't take the bus...

You work in Cummins no? Just walk!

Fair point--hadn't even thought of that. It's closer than I realize, but I hardly ever consider that part of town because of how little appeal that area has for me.

It's not a bad walk, but to protect your co-workers after a sweltering walk in the humidity, and along that steady uphill stretch on Demombreun, why not just walk between Flying Saucer and Frist to the bus stop just east of Tenth and Broad.  Together, MTA buses Nºs 3 and 5, both West End routes to West End and 17th, combined with the Nº 7 Hillsboro to Broad and 17th, provide excellent mid-day frequency for the then-short hop over to Sub Stop.  You then could just walk back to Cummins, downhill to the interstate, except for the roundabout.

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...