• 2 months later...

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

^^This^^  
 We have a Skyhouse here in Raleigh, and people complain about its low grade exterior (uhg just ole concrete!).   But they always put a decent crown on them.   
The crown makes the whole look work great.

1457318489_SkyhouseTheRaleighConnoisseur-Brave.png.d09d26302d0592cd577a8d560571bbae.png

There's a twin set of them in Charlotte. I think they're darn cool!
CharlotteSkyhouse.png.ebe9b6cb9ca2154aeed121a00e335534.png

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's a good shot to envision the Scenic tower that would go on the lot to the left at 27 stories and then the Blackbird realty project to go at the split. That project will be somewhere around 30 stories, so the rest of West End will be totally hidden from view in that angled shot. The plan may include closing that stretch of 17th if and when it happens. I am not really sure how I feel about that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

That's a good shot to envision the Scenic tower that would go on the lot to the left at 27 stories and then the Blackbird realty project to go at the split. That project will be somewhere around 30 stories, so the rest of West End will be totally hidden from view in that angled shot. The plan may include closing that stretch of 17th if and when it happens. I am not really sure how I feel about that.

If that split building is only going to be 30 stories, I hope it’s at least a great design.

3 hours ago, downtownresident said:

I don’t think they should be able to close 17th. It’s too important of a connector for pedestrian and vehicle traffic to Music Row/Demonbreun. 

Those were my thoughts as well. I use that street a lot in my travels and I think it sets a bad precedent  if they just start closing streets at the behest of every developer that has a bold plan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Those were my thoughts as well. I use that street a lot in my travels and I think it sets a bad precedent  if they just start closing streets at the behest of every developer that has a bold plan.

Now if they built over it ala the Music City Center, that would be interesting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Now if they built over it ala the Music City Center, that would be interesting. 

I agree! Could be very cool, especially if they're going to bring the building to a point at the split as they should. I'd think a setup just like MCC with lobby and garage access could work well??

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Buildtall said:

It would also need to have extra thick walls and ceilings if it were a drive thur street. Remember Christmas morning.

I thought that at first too, but on second thought, it would be a low-priority target.  We already have those building connectors downtown (5th/3rd to ServiceSource, Library to Renaissance, and the afore-mentioned MCC).  Yet none of those were targeted by the RV Bomber.  Instead he chose a target with technophobe/conspiracy/quasi-political significance.   By that reasoning, I would say the following buildings are on the short list of the next lunatic with a van:

New Federal Courthouse,  Legislative Plaza,  TPAC,  NMAAM,  Apple Store,  Amazon Tower,  Nashville Airport, etc.

I don't think a random, although potentially eye-catching, tower inspires enough strong feelings to become a bomb target.... contingent upon the tenant, of course.

• 1 year later...

Scout's Pub Midtown will be a new modern pub opening on the first floor of SkyHouse Nashville. It will be operated by A. Marshall Hospitality, which also runs Puckett's Grocery and restaurants.  They expect to have at least 70 employees.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/midtown-tower-slated-for-restaurant/article_aeffc1b2-f706-11ec-a58b-ffa90022d76d.html

• Like 3